•  
Advertise here

Locking car technical information on WhatsApp

Gaurav

Indeed it's a waste, unfortunately, as they are discussing tech talk and not 10% life and death - save me now, matters.

image.png

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

9 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Indeed it's a waste, unfortunately, as they are discussing tech talk and not 10% life and death - save me now, matters.

image.png

Hi all ,

We have a very tight control over the WhatsApp conversation of course we do have transgressions but are firmly but politely steered towards the core objective . We do have search function ... now let the poor guy buy a Xterra  ... we have taken it off the point .

Yes Xterra is a very capable offroader if properly ie driven in rather straight line is comfortable on roads as well . But just get y oour self oriented with the dynamics of Xterra.

Drive ride safe!

Slick72

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, slick72 said:

We have a very tight control over the WhatsApp conversation of course we do have transgressions but are firmly but politely steered towards the core objective . We do have search function ... 

So basically information shared within Xterra WhatsApp group should "ONLY" help Xterra WhatsApp group members?

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

What I think is way worse than sharing information on WhatsApp is when someone posts a question on a forum, gets advice, then doesn’t come back to update what happened in the end. I’ve seen myself trawling through forum threads to find hundreds of possible answers but nothing definitive. Eat and leave seems to be the order of the day for a lot of people. 

• Like (+1) 3

I second you on that @Barry, it would be healthy to know the result of the advises shared on the forum. Sadly very few come back and provide any feedback.

Coming back to the topic I have been quietly reading through the posts and trying to figure out what I would do in a similar situation. I did not have to imagine myself a lot longer in this situation as one presented itself on this weekend newbie drive.

@Brette got himself a Crony CN888 and it was my responsibility to set it up. I am supposed to be the expert on this one. But practice keeps you perfect and I have been out of practice for over 18 months now. Who or which WhatsApp group should I approach now. Can't think of any, so I googled it up, and walla, I ended up on the Carnity page I had created almost 2 years back. It took less than 2 minutes for us to setup the radio and we were on our way.

Conclusion from a live situation for this particular scenario, it helps to save information on such an organized website for even your own future use. As with time you might forget and that's a human tendency. Not saying WhatsApp is not helpful, but in this situation where I have been the one people look up to, I couldn't think of anyone who could help. Thank you @Carnity and hope people would realize the importance of sharing technical knowledge here for our real life situations for future use by all car enthusiast hate to see this information wasted between a very few people on a WhatsApp group.

• Like (+1) 3

This is a sad reality of today age that without realizeing what is personal andprivate vs what should be public information we closely keep going with the flow. Whatapp is for sharing personal friends and family private info - chat, pics, videos among the small circle than hosting a tech know how grop, hahahah

Do you know that in India in one of the state govt forcing all whatsapp group admin to register their group with admin full details, so that they can hold admin if any whatsapp group is involved in hanky panky stuff and promote hate messaging for mass media

• Like (+1) 1

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating

it the information was public then we wouldn't had to scour the internet for tit bits of information here and there

the manufactures themself would had done that its how things run here you cant change that no matter how hard you try

and do i smell communists that i have to register and then only run a group or take dump...?

4 hours ago, amid said:

This is a sad reality of today age that without realizeing what is personal andprivate vs what should be public information we closely keep going with the flow. Whatapp is for sharing personal friends and family private info - chat, pics, videos among the small circle than hosting a tech know how grop, hahahah

Do you know that in India in one of the state govt forcing all whatsapp group admin to register their group with admin full details, so that they can hold admin if any whatsapp group is involved in hanky panky stuff and promote hate messaging for mass media

Well in India its a different case as I read a few people actually ended up dead as false religious and racial news had been spread via WhatsApp which just incited a mob for some lynchings 

We as humans can always find a way to fuck up a good thing. Like social media in this case. 

Now if only someone could get Donald Trump off twitter!

• Like (+1) 1

Don’t get me started on Donald trump or his followers. 

But seriously, some people are stupid and natural selection takes its course and should be allowed to. 20 something people were wiped out by a train in india a few days ago. How much intelligence does it take to know not to sit on a train track to watch fireworks? If these people can’t breed, surely the world will be a better place.

I gave up on social media a couple of years ago. The way I see it, Facebook is only for nosey people wanting to spy. And the majority of people only show good stuff on it. You think everyone spends their days on the beach beside burj al Arab? People rarely post real stuff.

The people who really matter are the ones in your phone contacts who you can call and speak to any time. Some person following you on Facebook or Instagram who you only met once at a corporate event is just a borderline stalker.

• Like (+1) 1