•  
Advertise here

Anyone selling nice daily drive car?

sertac

I sold my Cherokee. Now i need a car to use daily. I am looking for a car around 15.000 - 25.000AED.

I prefer Honda Civic, Mitsubishi Lancer EX, Mazda 3 - 6 or something like that. It is very hard to find a clean car in this country if you know anything please let me know. 

Also sometimes i am getting poke by devil for 2003-2006 Japan spec Mercedes cars. Should i?

1 hour ago, sertac said:

Also sometimes i am getting poke by devil for 2003-2006 Japan spec Mercedes cars. Should i?

Yes, jap imports are a great choice unlike US imports, I know tons and tons of people who have bought all sorts of jap imports, including mercs and never had any issues , just make sure its a fresh import and not registered in the UAE before. Jap imports are not damaged or insurance write offs like US imports and usually very well taken care off, low mileage and go through a very strict auction process in Japan. You can learn to decode the jap auction sheet and most sellers have it, so you can ask to see it. 

This site use to deal strictly with the jap import market behind Al Aweer used car complex but now it has a few private sellers mixed in so don't assume all are jap imports, but majority still are. Here is what you can expect in your budget

https://www.dubicars.com/search?view=&o=&l=&ma=69&mo=0&c=new-and-used&pf=&pt=20000&yf=&yt=&kf=&kt=&b=&co=&ci=&s=&gi=

Oh and the only annoyance with Jap import cars is if the car is a bit modern and has displays, its usually in Japanese. So can be a bit weird to navigate through menus and all. My dad bought a jap import Cadillac STS and all electronic displays were in japanese ( Trip meter, fuel consumption etc etc ) but he eventually had it changed by just getting someone to change the language via a diagnostic computer. He bought it at around 45k kms and drove it almost 300k kms before it sold it. 

So stop looking for crappy jap eco boxes and get something decent.  

• Like (+1) 1

Stay off dubizzle, these are the big dealers trying to make a bigger profit, best it to just visit the place and walk around. Its right behind Aweer used car complex and closed on fridays!

P.S : Not a fan of the CLK because of its stubby fat ass, never liked it, just makes it looks really weird. 

Just now, desertdude said:

Stay off dubizzle, these are the big dealers trying to make a bigger profit, best it to just visit the place and walk around. Its right behind Aweer used car complex and closed on fridays!

P.S : Not a fan of the CLK because of its stubby fat ass, never liked it, just makes it looks really weird. 

Do you know what is the working hours in day time for these people. Because i am working 6 days of week it is very hard to be there in day time. 

For whom interested. Report from Al Aweer;

It was big disappointment for me. I spent 2 hour there i saw as much car i can saw in 2 hour. 

- Cars are really in low km but 75.000km car looking like 200.000km car.

-Steering leather is bad, missing/cracked interior parts. 

-Many of the car when you start there is warning on the screen. Most of the car i saw need costly maintenance after purchase.

-There was 2 white E350 when i sit inside i said ok this is the one it was really clean but both of the car AC is bad. I dont know what kind of cost is there. 

-Most of the cars are sitting there more than 6 month even sellers are saying there is no buyer in the market.  

-Most of the cars have out of date tire, you need to change it for passing.

Only i like one BMW 525 it was having 37.000km and it was really clean but i have doubt regarding the reliability of BMW.

If i approach these car the way i approached to my old Cherokee i would immediately buy one. Some of them have AMG body kit some of them have Hamman kit, Brabus kit they are attracting you. I drove one of E350 it was very silent and comfortable car. Everyone is saying buy fresh from Aweer i am thinking buying a car used in Dubai is better than the from Aweer at least the first owner will finished all the maintenance required and price also will be down. Many of the shops are not giving you passing warranty. I can say they are open for negotiation first they are saying this is last price i will loose etc. Then when i lay down check the underneath they understand i am real buyer. When i said sorry i cant buy. Price is more than my budget, they start saying i will talk with my boss we will arrange it to your budget. 

What i am thinking is this place is not for a simple person like me. If you are someone who understand these cars professionally you can find something good and you need to spend all they there. For me i spent 2 hour and i was judging like is there any rust on the body panels, underneath and is there anything bad in the interior. 

Edited by sertac
  • Like (+1) 3

Buy Honda civic or accord for a daily driver if you are on limited budget and dont want tons of headache, simple machin and sime way to fix them for maint

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating

Yeah that's the unfortunate side of a slow market, cars are not moving and end up sitting for long periods of time in the sun without much care other than a wash outside every other day by the tea boy. 

You leave any car sitting too long in this weather and its going to show.

But I guess of you really looked hard you could find the right one. 

I'm the opposite of you. I would buy a fresh import rather than one driven here where greasy mechanics already their hands on it. To me there is no used car from anywhere you just buy and drive, regardless of how much the seller says it's the case. There is always something that needs to be done, I call it the teething phase