•  
Advertise here

Car Meeting Festival in Istanbul

sertac

I am really upset for the car culture in here UAE. In Turkey things are bit different. Even the cars are expensive, fuel is expensive, people are modifying and restorating their cars very nicely. 

I am sharing you one of the last event lately happened. The guy on the video speaking much but you can just skip that speaking part and enjoy the view.

• Like (+1) 1

Here car shows either all about showing the next year zero km models or focussing on selling spare parts to mechanics and auto workshop

• Haha (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Two reasons. One its really difficult to arrange proper car meetups here, because everything has to be official here permits and permission taken, fees paid etc etc otherwise you get shutdown and or fined Yanni lots of red tape which in return makes its not worth it. Other than informal car group meetups in some parking lot.

Secondly this place is Car heaven so one really doesnt need such events to see "exotics" just drive around Dubai and you'll see all sorts regularly. So its really not a big deal

Additional reason, modifications is such a hassle here, so many ordinary joes domt bother or the ones who do get a surprise at annual reg that their expensive mod is illegal and needs to come off.

And finally I wish people would stop comparing how things back home are. Y'all been here long enough. Get over it! Lets face it, If we could afford the cars and lifestyles we have here "back home" then none of us would be here now, would we. 

On 10/25/2018 at 1:25 PM, Gaurav said:

Here car shows either all about showing the next year zero km models or focussing on selling spare parts to mechanics and auto workshop

I will resist the urge to make jokes about the Devel Sixteen. The classics hall at the last international motor show was nice. Buy again, it was mostly cars from Tomini showroom which you could call sales based. No heart or passion in it.

I agree though, unless you’re into 4x4 and off-road, the car scene does suck here. There’s nowhere to go unless you want to shell out a few hundred every time for a few hours on the autodrome. The real fun is in street racing but you can’t get away with that here with all the cameras. Seeing Ferrari’s and Lamborghinis every day gets boring after your first month here. The only other thing you see is automatic lancers with crap body kits and replica wheels or automatic corollas plastered in TRD stickers, neither of which interest me. I even saw a special edition TRD lancer last week.

Dubai is a very transient place. People come to make money, save and leave so it’s pointless modifying a car and putting your heart into it when you will have to leave eventually and sell it for a lot less than it’s worth. Things can go wrong for you overnight here and you just have to get on a plane and go. I was planning to stay here for a long time but the longer I stay, the more cynical I become and I’m at the point where I am falling into the same thing. I just want to grow my bank balance and get out. I love cars but owning a nice one in Dubai just doesn’t turn me on any more. 

• Like (+1) 2

Well put barr. Also remember majority of the population is from south east Asia, where there isn't much or virtually non existant car culture the reasons for which I will not get into.

So that transfers to here aswell. Many even domt have a car back home.

P.S: Never say never, like most long time expats my dad came here in the mid 70s thinking the same exact thing and believe it or not 40plus years later still thinks the same. But it was easier to make a rags to riches stories back then with just a handful of dirhams. 

Unfortunately we went from rags to riches and back to rags!!!

Dubai is a very transient place. People come to make money, save and leave so it’s pointless modifying a car and putting your heart into it when you will have to leave eventually and sell it for a lot less than it’s worth. Things can go wrong for you overnight here and you just have to get on a plane and go. I was planning to stay here for a long time but the longer I stay, the more cynical I become and I’m at the point where I am falling into the same thing. I just want to grow my bank balance and get out. I love cars but owning a nice one in Dubai just doesn’t turn me on any more.  

Truth Spoken