•  
Advertise here

Lifting a Pajero for Offroading

9 hours ago, desertdude said:

Point was most good proper offroaders really don't need anything. You can lift them a couple of inches and nothing gets messes up. 

Land Cruiser for example you can lift it 2" easy of not more without having to do anything else, same with the Defenders and Discoveries.

Jeep XJ you try lifting it and everything goes out of whack. You need to lower the transmission, modify the front drive shaft, modify the front end, from arms etc etc. 

Land Cruiser being my fav. Just thrown in a set of lifted springs at the back, torque up the front torsion rods and your done! 

Sri also had some problem because lifting the cherokee but for me it was all good. I had problem with everything except lifting. 

My problem was not the lift...I basically had a lot of work parts which were probably never changed for 19 years by the previous owner. I had about a 3" lift and with now 31" tyres, and not had any major issues.

I did have the death wobble a couple of times but they disappeared once I replaced the track bar and changed my tyres.

But yes the XJ is running a delicate balance unlike in other offroad cars. 

Edited by skumar83
  • Like (+1) 1

Thanks a lot for all the advice, guys.

I may opt for Old Man EMU and shall re-align the wheels after the setup.

Old Man EMU springs and shocks come with different lift readings? Or will I need to fit spacers depending on whether I need a 2" or a 3" lift?

If there is a really good workshop in Dubai who can do the job for me in a day, I dont mind driving down from Muscat over a weekend. 

Any one of you done a similar fitment with Old Man EMU ? Could you give me an idea of the price?