•  
Advertise here

Post pretty cars!

Barry

Here’s one to start you. 1957 Mercedes 190SL. The smaller brother of the famous Gullwing Mercedes. Once left to rot in fields, now sought after by collectors all over the world. Was lucky enough to be in a team rebuilding one a few years ago, never realised how special it was at the time, just thought meh it’s not a gullwing. Oh to be young and ignorant again!

4FA567B2-897E-4AD6-BC0E-33AF074210A2.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3

msdgold_ec041.jpg&w=800&q=85

0056f47dd9dbc98958b6652904d34643.jpg

The DB5 was popularized in Goldfinger but actually appeared in six Bond films, including Thunderball, GoldenEye, and Tomorrow Never Dies. A die-cast model of the car was sold in 1965 and quickly became a holiday hit for children. In its first year of production, 2.5 million full-size models were sold.

Fast-forward to 2018 and you can now park the real DB5 in your garage. But before you do, be aware that it’ll cost you a whopping 2.75 million pounds (about $3.5 million). It also won’t be available for delivery until 2020.

• Like (+1) 3

I really really wanted a Spitfire when i was in my twenties, and found one sitting in a barn that needed quite some TLC. Unfortunately i didn't have the money and i had to walk away. 

spitfire.JPG

• Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

• 3 months later...