•  

Drive in search of love - 9 Nov 2018

Gaurav

After a few newbie drives, now it's time to have some different flavor of offroad drives. Let's explore the unexplored area and find the hidden love in the desert. We plan to have fewbie - intermediate level drive in the known but slightly unknown area.

Depending on the participants, we will decide the level on the convoy from fewbie - intermediate accordinly.

• Fewbie: Lisalli Fort - Entangled love through a known area
  • Intermediate: Lisalli - Entangled love through an unknown area - exploration stage

When: 09 Nov 2018

Meeting time: 1:45 PM, a convoy will move sharply at 2:00 PM

Where: Last Emarat Petrol Station on Dubai - Al Ain Road E66

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/G4Tpua5NgAo

Level of a drive: Fewbie - Intermediate

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance

Please check the level of this drive here and join accordingly as per your offroad rank

What to bring along: Snacks to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 7 PM - 8 PM

image.png

Please RSVP on below calendar

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Hello All,

I just joined the club today. Pleasure to be introduced to you all. Having lived in UAE for the last 10 years, exploring the desert was always beyond my thoughts. Reading the comments from the last drive you had on the 2nd sounds very interesting and definitely excited join if given a chance.

I am very new to off road driving except that 2 years back I got stuck in the sand while going for the desert carols. After which I saw some of the youtube videos to understand some of the basics. 

Not sure if a modification is required on a Nissan Patrol to drive in desert. Tyres were replaced 2 months ago (Basic Tyres). Having gone through the list of mandatory equipments required for desert drive, I shall go to ACE and find them this week. 

Event on the 9th looks slightly professional and not sure if you will accommodate an amateur. Else, I shall wait for the next newbie event. 

Thank you,

Emil George.

• Like (+1) 2

Hi @Emil, welcome to your off road family. We are pleased to have you onboard. This week the drive is intended for the level of Fewbie and above thus I will not recommend this drive for you. However we would be happy to accommodate you as a passenger to get a flavour of the desert. We will be posting a Newbie drive for the week to follow, you may sign up as a driver there.

As far as it goes with the mods, I recommend that you first attend a few drives before you decide what mods are necessary for you. The Nissan Patrol is very capable stock and no mods required so early. By the way is it a Y61 or Y62. Sorry new shape or classic shape?

If you decide to come as a passenger please advise your location so we can determine if one of the participants can pick you on their way. Worse come to worse you can bring your vehicle to meeting point and you can park your car there, we can pick it up on the way back.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

• Like (+1) 3

Hello Rahimdad,

Thanks for your quick reply and so nice of you to accommodate us. Can I bring a friend along with me? We can drive to the meeting point to avoid the hazels. Else, we stay in Silicon Oasis. Just understood the vehicle is called Y62 (New shape). 

Regards,

Emil George.

• Like (+1) 1

Most welcome @Emil. Let's see if anyone coming from Silicon Oasis, else you can drive to the meeting point. Y62 is quite powerful and capable. For a Newbie drive it will manage fine. Just make sure you research a bit on switching off traction control, EBD and any electronics in the car. Any ways we will have a look at it this Friday and try to figure out if anything required.

Your friend is most welcome to join us as well.

At this time if you want to buy anything you can skip Ace hardware and head to Dragon Mart. You will need a flag from the only quad bike shop there, a glass clamp to hold it up, a 2 way radio, deflator and proper tire gauge. You can look for other equipment after your first drive. We can discuss this further on Friday as well.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Hello to All,

I just joined the club and I just want to say that is amazing what you guys are doing. 

I have done a few rounds to Fossil Rock with some friends and I'm interested to attend this ride but I think I'll wait for a newbie event.

Regards,

Javier

Edited by Javier M
  • Like (+1) 1

@Javier M welcome to your off road family. I am happy to hear you are willing to sit out till we have our newbie drive. Just to be on the safe side, plus we have briefing which will help you learn and grow. Besides we will be more comfortable after we have seen you on a drive or two before we can let you attend drives at a higher level.

I am pleased to extend you the offer to join one of us as passenger if it's OK with you.

BTW which 4×4 do you drive?

Thanks! I agree with you, it doesn't hurt to start from the newbie drives.

I am driving a Jeep JK automatic, I haven't lifted it yet but is in my plans.

Regards,

Javier 

1 hour ago, Rahimdad said:

@Javier M welcome to your off road family. I am happy to hear you are willing to sit out till we have our newbie drive. Just to be on the safe side, plus we have briefing which will help you learn and grow. Besides we will be more comfortable after we have seen you on a drive or two before we can let you attend drives at a higher level.

I am pleased to extend you the offer to join one of us as passenger if it's OK with you.

BTW which 4×4 do you drive?

Good to know @Javier M. I am guessing it is the Pentastar.

You really do not need a lift, but if you are going for one at least have a few drives to feel that need to do so. If you are still going for a lift make sure you do a thorough job from a professional as Jeeps tend to loose their geometry once lifted and you need plenty more just to keep them safe.

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use