•  

Drive in search of love - 9 Nov 2018

Gaurav

Welcome, @Emil and @Javier M I totally agree with Rahimdad advise and suggestions.

Appreciate your patience and excitement, looking forward to seeing you guys soon.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Hello Rahimdad and Gaurav,

Thanks for the welcome. I shall try to arrange whatever possible today for the safety accept of the vehicle. Do you know the shop name or approximate location of the shop where I can get the necessities of the desert trip?

Regards,

Emil George.

• Like (+1) 1

Well, you can get all that you need for newbie level from Dragon Mart from EB section - Machine and Hardware section. Also, you can get the same but better quality products from Ace except for the radio (only in Dragon Mart electronic section). The choice is yours - whatever you wish to buy.

Read the initially required gear from here:

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Emil for the flag there is one shop in EB section of dragon Mart near the exit which is a dune buggy shop. That's the only one that has the flag. It costs AED 10 for the 1.5 m and AED 15 for the 2.5m

Opposite that shop is a hardware shop where you can buy the yellow suction clamp to fix the flag on to your rear side window.

Regarding the radio you would find plenty of shops in the B section of dragon Mart. Preferably buy the Motorola unit. Costs about AED 160

You can get a deflator and Tyre gauge in the main aile of dragon Mart hardware section. Preferably buy the simple spring type pressure gauge and not the dial gauge type. Should cost you AED 5 each.

For a shovel, the best we have found is in Sharjah Industrial Area (Chor Bazar) where you get metal shovels with a steel grip handle and pointed 'V' shape shovel for AED 10-15. Location is in the below link

https://goo.gl/maps/xnECJgp7XoJ2

The above should get you all geared up for your first adventure in the desert.

• Like (+1) 5

motorola units are expensive when i asked they were selling at 200+ so that's why i got the baofeng one and am using it without any issues was once in deep trouble for being immobile and was really far from the convoy searching for something  but when i tried to reach the convoy with the radio they sure did heard me and came to save the day....you all know which day i am talking about ☺️

1 hour ago, shadow79 said:

motorola units are expensive when i asked they were selling at 200+ so that's why i got the baofeng one and am using it without any issues was once in deep trouble for being immobile and was really far from the convoy searching for something  but when i tried to reach the convoy with the radio they sure did heard me and came to save the day....you all know which day i am talking about ☺️

Only one problem with baogeng, when @shadow79 is talking we only hear kwak kwak. Hahahaha

• Haha (+1) 3

Welcome to the trip report. The trip was so amazing my adrenalin is still pumping as I type this report. We all met on time and was happy to have @Emil as my companion for the ride. With @Gaurav bhai in the lead and @EmVarlet shining bright the real surprise was having @baselsm83. Saw him almost after a whole year, but instead of his mosterous Nissan Patrol he was sporting a SWB Pajero with a 3.5 litre engine. The younger sibling of Gaurav bhai's Pajero.

We entered a bit different than our usual place and that gave us some challenging soft, small to medium very technical dunes. Once we crossed from these we were treated to a quick drive through some more small to medium dunes.

As we managed ourselves through the treacherous terrain we were treated to the dunes of my dreams after about 7 years. Here we did everything from side sloping, to riding the ridge, to criss crossing to flattening some sharp ridges. It was just amazing.

That was not enough for us, we continued through some more technical small dunes inching our way to the twin hearts on our maps. The suspense was killing as we came closer to this intriguing place. Than Gaurav bhai stopped and gave us options to continue exploring through some unknown spots or head to the twin hearts. Majority wanted to continue exploring, which meant we might have to miss the 2 hearts.

Luckily we managed to clear the exploration area and reach the place which was now so close to my heart. As we drove around we realized that it was the love Lake, which is being constructed. My hats off to the thought where it is designed in a way which shows up on the map as 2 hearts. After driving around and circling the place we settled down near one of the lake to grab a bite. It was an amazingly cool night and the stars were shining bright.

But like every good thing comes to an end, we headed out, inflated our tires, helped a couple of stuck saloons and headed on our way home. All I can say is @Gaurav bhai, what a lovely drive.

Edited by Rahimdad
  • Like (+1) 3

54 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

As we managed ourselves through the treacherous terrain we were treated to the dunes of my dreams after about 7 years. Here we did everything from side sloping, to riding the ridge, to criss crossing to flattening some sharp ridges. It was just amazing.

I sure did miss this one. Hope we can have another one to this area soon 😃

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use