•  
Advertise here

Floor well heat 3.8l pajero

It all depends on how many sensors are on the exhaust system. Most older stuff has one upstream of the cat and one on each manifold, then you can do what you want with the cat, cut it out, jump up and down on it, set fire to it. If you remove the cat on newer cars with downstream sensors, that’s where your problems start. 

till now had not had the chance to play around such scenarios but 95% who had such problems i had cleared the catalyst converter out and or tossed the sensor itself only with exception with few who understood and wanted their car as original as possible and were ready to pay the price of used or a new one too....

Nail. On. Head. The majority of people don’t care if the problem gets fixed, they just want the CEL turned off for the lowest price. If you won’t do it, somebody else will. I miss working on cars full time sometimes but on the other hand, selling your soul for 50 dhs here and there just isn’t worth it when it comes to your integrity. I’ve always prided myself on doing a good job but in uae doing a good job is rarely recognised unless it’s cheap and cheap + good doesn’t compute. 

Luckily, we have a Venn diagram to demonstrate,

26269842-E06C-4735-B7FC-CD14F50818BD.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3

That is right Barry but end of the day you have loved ones to take care of. right way or the highway ain't gonna do that it's better to show them the way of what can be done and let them call the shots that way I still go home with bread and butter in hand. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, shadow79 said:

That is right Barry but end of the day you have loved ones to take care of. right way or the highway ain't gonna do that it's better to show them the way of what can be done and let them call the shots that way I still go home with bread and butter in hand. 

Very wisely said, total respect

If I agree to pay 50 dhs for a branded switch instead of 10 dhs that might blow my car off I will pay ONLY if I have been presented with an option:

• If a mechanic assumes that 10 is better for me - is a wrong move
  • If a mechanic assumes that I will pay 50 - is also the wrong move
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

5 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Very wisely said, total respect

If I agree to pay 50 dhs for a branded switch instead of 10 dhs that might blow my car off I will pay ONLY if I have been presented with an option:

• If a mechanic assumes that 10 is better for me - is a wrong move
  • If a mechanic assumes that I will pay 50 - is also the wrong move

The problem is not everyone is a car enthusiast like us. For the majority of people, cars are just white goods. They just don’t care.