•  

"Dawn to Dark" Sweihan Desert Drive

Asif Hussain

Sweihan dunes also regarded as "Little Liwa" by someone and it offers plenty of opportunities to test our desert driving skills by climbing sideways, ridge riding, ridge cutting and to climb huge dunes to its peak and capture some stunning pictures. It is a perfect weather for a full day out. This will be a full day drive from morning to evening. Drive will be divided in two parts, first half we will explore Dome Bowl Naqrah Area till noon and exit for Friday prayer and quick lunch. Second half we will drive to Naqhra Hills and exit by evening.  This drive is for Intermediate & above level (RSVP to the level of drive according to your assigned off-road ranking. You can find your off-road ranking in your account profile) 

When: 23rd November 2018, Friday  
Meeting time: 7.30AM, Convoy will move at 7:45AM  

Where: Al Rashedi Restaurant, Sweihan  
Meeting GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/FmSeZzVQx2k

Level of drive: Intermediate & Above 

What to bring along: Snacks, Quick Lunch whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.  

Approximate Finish Time: First Half 11:30AM, Second Half 6:00PM on 23rd November 2018, Friday 

Please Note, at meeting point there is no petrol station, make sure you fill your tanks on your way at nearest petrol station. Second half we will exit and stop at petrol station to fill again

Please RSVP the below calendar:

Sweihan 2.jpg

Edited by Asif Hussain
  • Like (+1) 3

OMG, I didn't realize another Friday early morning drive to kill my Thursday evening. 😭

• Haha (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

3 hours ago, MATHEW FELEX said:

As of now, Friday 23 is good. 

Looking forward to it ;)

MATHEW - 0565760725 (Whatsapp)

@MATHEW FELEX this drive is intermidiate and above level. You can join tomorrows newbie drive.

Tomorrows drive:

@MATHEW FELEX Basically what Asif bhai meant is to refer the latest structure of offroad club implemented, according to which everyone should drive and follow the set number of drives to earn their offroad rank and then join appropriate level of drives as per there offroad rank assigned.

However, if you are an experienced offroader, then some exception can be made after seeing your couple of newbie / fewbie level drives with us to put you on a fast track mode to get deserving rank.

If you are absolutely new in the sand, then you must follow this for good:

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Gaurav: Sorry I won't be able to make it for the Newbie drive tomrw as I hav commited with friends to go for a drive towards Zakher lake.

However, If possible I would like to join for the 23rd drive though I'm not an expert but hope I can give a try for the fast track option.

@Rahimdad @Asif Hussain, Excellent grading structure, Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

Important Information

Terms of use