•  

"Dawn to Dark" Sweihan Desert Drive

Asif Hussain

3 minutes ago, MATHEW FELEX said:

However, If possible I would like to join for the 23rd drive though I'm not an expert but hope I can give a try for the fast track option.

Sure let's meet in any of the newbie drives and then we can discuss further your offroad experience.

We do have newbie drives now almost every second week, so see you soon.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Dear all participants, there is a small change in plan. We are not going to attempt Dome Bowl area because this whole area is fenced and the only opening to enter here is marked by concern authorities as special reserves and restricted to enter.

We will drive our first half and second half at Naqrah area only and all other details will remain same. (Changes made in drive post)

Entry to Dome Bowl Area is Restricted WhatsApp Image 2018-11-19 at 3.57.43 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-19 at 3.58.21 PM.jpeg

Edited by Asif Hussain
  • Like (+1) 3

It was probably the best drive of the whole year so far.

Asif bhai thanks for wonderful planning and amazing lead - fast pace + full of action in some of the best dunes in the UAE.

Although I was very tired from whole day drive and lack of sleep, still wishing for more towards the end as it was the best drive we have had in a long time with the fast-moving convoy and exceptional drivers.

Very well done Intermediate level drive, keep it up

• Like (+1) 3

Just posted my share of images including the leader splashing the sand, before the drive ;-)

Looking fwd for more images

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/97-dawn-to-dark-sweihan-desert-drive-23-nov-2018

• Thanks (+1) 2

As the alarm rang I woke up to what was going to be an epic day. A quick wash up and preparation to head to what was going to be one of the best drives of the year. On the way saw some hot air balloons near the Sky dive centre. Waved hello to some old friends on the way and saw a bikers group before reaching the meeting point. But the fun was about to begin.

As we met and started with a cup of tea. We headed to the deflation point, prepared ourselves for the drive and after a very brief brief we headed out. From what I felt @Asif Hussain had planned this very carefully and kept all eventualities in mind. All I can say is that there was non-stop action, from side slopping, to criss crossing, to climbing to the highest peaks, to driving cautiously through some nasty bumps and cross tracks, but mostly unspoilt smooth dunes.

They say all good things come to an end, but this was just an interval where we headed to the closest mosque for Friday prayers, a light lunch with shots of tea courtesy @Asif Hussain, some fresh coconut juice and snacks courtesy @EmVarlet, some egg mayo sandwiches courtesy @Gaurav and mango juice courtesy @skumar83. As the break got over I had a smart remark asking Asif bhai if he was going to take us to Naqrah dune by road, to which Gaurav bhai replied just wait for Asif bhai has it planned. Soon we were on a ride of our lives, as Srikumar remarked morning was an appetizer only, the real deal came only in the afternoon.

We made our way to the Naqrah Dunes in style as we flattened all razor sharp tops of every dune, as we criss crossed as if it wss meant to be done, as we side slopped all the way through an entire large dune. The journey to Naqrah Dunes was much more exciting than reaching our goal. Everyone has a go at climbing Naqrah dune from the front with limited success. We than decided to try from the back.

As we headed towards the back and were reminiscing the last few times we visited it, Gaurav bhai's AT light came on, after a short break and a splash of water we got the AT temps go back to operational. But this was the least of our troubles as there was a large sound from Srikumar's vehicle with a puff of smoke. We all jumped to action and Gaurav bhai had his fire extinguisher ready and a spade full of sand. As we popped the bonnet and inspected the damage it was the AC hose that had given away to pressure. We had to plug in the holes to make sure no dust went in. We have made a resolution not to venture behind the Naqrah dune again As we have faced some incident every time in that area.

As the sun started to set we found a nice dune to sit back, relax, reminisce some fond memories from the day with an Absolute spread. Departed, inflated and headed back home with plans for many more such adventures. I have added my few pics in the Gallery, looking forward to seeing everybody else's clicks. Till next time I bid you farewell.

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use