•  
Advertise here

Mistery leak

Hi guys,

i’m new to the country, the pajero and this forum, and I’m excited to be here!

let me dive in with an question: I’ve bought a 2013 Pajero last week, and since a day or two it’s increadingly dripping water during and after a drive. It’s quite a bit more than your typical AC condensation, and it now lasts for a couple of hours as well. It’s coming out of something that looks like a drain pipe though (see photo). Any ideas what it might be? It’s definitively water, but just not sure what might be leaking.

Thanks!

Renze

A92D3FDB-1067-438B-A76C-D906000D505A.jpeg

7830D9DF-F71B-43EF-9AA5-6BEAB13715E9.jpeg

can you trace where that pipe is going the 2 fat ones seem for the heater core...

and also check the radiator level if its dropping then you have a leak or else its nothing to worry about...

Edited by shadow79
more info

And also check if the radiator is running on water or coolant, so it's easy to identify if the radiator is with coolant which is usually green and occasionally reddish/pink, to isolate from the water. If yes, then nothing to worry but if the radiator is on water then you have too much to worry and I strongly suggest don't drive the car unless this leak is sorted (as it's more than AC condensation).

This could easily result in a blown head gasket and destroy the engine within 5 min if the radiator is fully empty.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

This is almost certainly the A/C drain- no vehicle that I know of drains excess water/coolant in just this exact position. Sometimes when the A/C ices up heavily it can take several hours for the ice to melt and drain. Anyway, even if the coolant does not contain antifreeze it will have a distinctive smell, whereas A/C condensate will have no smell, just like regular water. 

Thanks all, I think you may be right. It does not have a smell; just regular water. It’s coming out of a hose that looks like it’s specifically there to drain something. The amount of water has me worrying a bit though. It was growing in quite a puddle, but not every time.

thanks again!

C6C55700-42BE-4EDB-99C1-9D4796EDD0F3.png