•  

Newbie offroad drive + BBQ - Pink rock - 30 Nov 2018

Gaurav

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

OK, that's very weird. Try to see if you can open this lower segment of the plastic flap by some cross screws underneath?

there are screws (see picture below, they attach to a metal bar, but the plastic black bumper is one piece. The trailer hitch I purchase actually comes right under this bumper.   a 4x4 without back hooks... that would apply a Porsche or RangeRover ;-) . but not a Jeep!

Anyways, think I will pass for this time. and wait to be fully equipped.

Thanks for trying.

IMG_3039.jpg

IMG_3040.jpg

While coming from lunch took a walk through huge parking lot and spotted a JGC to understand the rear sealed bumper.

Looks like this type of add on tow hook you might need

20181129_145031.jpg

image.png

Btw, Porsche Cayenne has screw type tow hook at front and back. The Range Rover has tow hook hidden inside the plastic flap which can be open by coin or flat screwdriver easily in 2 minutes.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Welcome @BIG T to Carnity and its offroad club. Your user ID reminds me of an offroad legend who I have met on my first offroad drive back in 2006 - Taimur.

Hope your Xterra is GCC and comes with front and back tow hook, unlike the US spec...?

@EmVarlet will be your special friend with another Xterra in the club, I guess his X is 2013

• Like (+1) 2

@BIG T. Actually @Gaurav bhai and I are from an era when Big T, Taimur ruled the desert and we were his students, kind of. So it's so strange to have someone with the similar name and ID to be now training with us.

Welcome to your very own Off road club, bent tow points is sign of having a true Nissan, @EmVarlet and I both have bent rear tow points, @EmVarlet drives an Xterra and I drive the almighty, tow machine, my reliable Pathfinder.

Looking forward to seeing you this Friday, maybe another legend in the making.

• Like (+1) 4

Yes I just spotted one more in same location, seems like a stock fitment and may be previous owner removed it for some reason.

20181129_171525.jpg

1 hour ago, BIG T said:

Thank u @Gaurav thats really weird actually thats my name too, hhhhhhh and this is my first offroad here in Dubai, for my Xterra its a GCC specand i have tow hook front and back but the rear one is slightly bent i tried it once i think i will be fine,

looking forward to meet :) 

Welcome @BIG T

Unfortunately I won’t be able to join tomorrow... see you next time !

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use