•  

Newbie offroad drive + BBQ - Pink rock - 30 Nov 2018

Gaurav

3 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

@BIG T. Actually @Gaurav bhai and I are from an era when Big T, Taimur ruled the desert and we were his students, kind of. So it's so strange to have someone with the similar name and ID to be now training with us.

True example for history repeats. 

I guess taimur is back to see how his students are performing. @Gaurav @Rahimdad please come well dressed.

• Haha (+1) 4

Hi guys,

Joining for the first time tomorrow with a Pajero, and very much looking forward. My wife and I will bring our two girls (2 and 5 years old) as well, if that's ok? Are there any costs involved at all?

See you tomorrow!

• Like (+1) 1

Hi @Panda82 welcome to Carnity and its offroad club.

There are no charges for these drives, and the only thing you pay back is to pass the help and knowledge you come along. We all drive together and share the offroad passion in this community. Just bring whatever you like to eat / cook (bbq) with little extra to share and stories to tell.

This drive is kid's friendly drive just make sure kids are fastened properly during the drive.

All newbies: If you have the radio, please bring along and we will explain how to use in newbie brief thoroughly.

• Like (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Olivier Refalo you can still join the drive with anyone of us a passenger. You can drop your car at meeting point and we can pick up after the drive. We have done this many times before, atleast you will get feel of drive with an experienced offroader.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Another Absolute Newbie Drive and another opportunity to meet so many wonderful people. It was sad that @Gaurav, @Jeh, @Emil and @Jocreative were unable to make it to the drive. My big thanks to @Atif and @skumar83 to support this drive. My respect to @jibransayed, @Faizan khan, @Rana, @Faiz khan, @BIG T and @Panda82 for showing up with their full patience and enthusiasm.

We started on time and after a detailed description and lecture for the newbies we headed to the farms for deflation. After a quick deflation and distribution of radios thanks to @Gaurav bhai for handing them over as he was unable to make it for the drive. Once all radios were set we numbered the convoy and I'm glad to see that all kept a good convoy discipline which meant everybody understood their roles in this drive. My second lead was @Atif bhai and @skumar83 was our very capable sweep who kept the convoy moving at good pace.

We started with a stop at the Camel farm, the children specially enjoyed this stop loads. From here we started our journey towards Pink Rocks. To my surprise everyone managed well with hardly couple of refusals and zero stucks. Well done all. This meant we reached the Pink Rocks much quicker than anticipated.upon reaching the Pink Rocks base I saw the arrangement made by Sharjah Police to curb the stupidity of show offs with heavily modified vehicles. It was strange to see a few cars standing around wondering what they should do next as the area was dug up to avoid usage of that area.

At this point after a short briefing we all managed to cross the top of Pink Rocks and on to the other side in search for a place to lay our spread. We found a nice little spot where we settled and @Atif bhai was requested once again to open his Prado Cafeteria. At this point I went to drop @Panda82 and his family as with their cute little girls they needed to head back to Abu Dhabi. After dropping them to the 2nd December Cafeteria I headed back to the rest. At this point @Faizan khan and @Faiz khan had to leave and I missed out on saying good bye to them. Heading back the smart crowd had already found a way to avoid the ditch and continue playing on our once playground.

We enjoyed some nice snacks and @Atif bhai tea with some amazing people. As we rounded up and headed out, some sweet good byes with a gleem in everyone's eyes to meet again. We inflated and headed back looking forward to meeting again soon.

I have updated the Gallery with my pics and videos, hope to see all the clicks from all the cameras I saw out there. Till next time, stay safe till we meet again.

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/98-newbie-offroad-drive-bbq-pink-rock-30-nov-2018

• Like (+1) 4

We’ve had an absolute awesome time yesterday. Many thanks to @Rahimdad, @Atif and @skumar83 for their patience, leadership, driving and teaching skills! We were very sorry to have to leave before the bbq, but we will definitively be back for some more sweet offroading. First things first though: time to find a dragon market somewhere today :-) !

• Like (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use