•  

Newbie offroad drive + BBQ - Pink rock - 30 Nov 2018

Gaurav

Hi, considering joining the clan with my Jeep Grand Cheerokee 5.7. Only point, it doesn't have hooks in the back.

I took a 5h sand driving introduction with Marco a few weeks ago. Can't wait to experience my first real drive.

Would you accept one more car?

Also, I see that the BBQ ends at 9pm, are you considering sleeping over? What about us, newbies left alone in the middle of the desert?

Cheers,

• Like (+1) 1

Hi Oliver, it would be much better to have a tow hook at the back as well. Maybe the lead can shed better light @Gaurav

Regarding the BBQ, we would be ending the drive near the road and those who wish to join for BBQ can come. If you wish to leave early someone after the BBQ some one will accompany you till the road.

Also, we have never left anyone in the desert. I am saying this out of personal experience when I was a Newbie in carnity.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Emil said:

Hello All, apologies, I will not be joining you for this week’s drive. Traveling right now and back on Sunday. Excuse me this time.

Happy journey.. Please decline in calender.

See you next time

• Like (+1) 2

@Emil it will be really sad that you will not be able to make it. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

@Olivier Refalo as @skumar83 said we do not leave anybody behind. It will be difficult if you do not have rear tow hooks, on my Jeep Commander 5.7 Hemi I did not have rear tow hook also, but there was a space to attach a tow ball where I could fit the shackles. Please confirm and let us know if there is any space to attach shackles in the back?

• Like (+1) 2

@Emil enjoy your long weekend quickie ;-)

@Olivier Refalo welcome to Carnity and it's offroad club. Good to see such educated and concerned offroad enthusiast who care to read and share the facts before the drive, which saves everyone time and hassle.

Without the tow hook, I'm afraid we can't allow anyone on any offroad drive as tow point is the only place with which we can rescue you in case there is any stuck. Of course, we do have all recovery gears and equipment but without tow point everything is waste, hope you understand that it's for your own good and safety.

Like @Rahimdad said check in the rear there must be some provision for hitch under some plastic cover, google how to open that cover and show us the picture so that we can advise if we can attach a shackle on that or not.

Due to some family commitment, my family will be joining in later part with my Range. And just now I was down to check how to open that stupid plastic flap to access the front and rear tow point as I haven't taken my Range to offroad yet.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

12 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

@Emil it will be really sad that you will not be able to make it. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

@Olivier Refalo as @skumar83 said we do not leave anybody behind. It will be difficult if you do not have rear tow hooks, on my Jeep Commander 5.7 Hemi I did not have rear tow hook also, but there was a space to attach a tow ball where I could fit the shackles. Please confirm and let us know if there is any space to attach shackles in the back?

As crazy as it is, the jeep grand cherokee is advertised as a real 4x4 but there is NO tow ball placeholders nor hooks in the back! @$@#$@#%@# . really stupid!

I ordered a tailer hitch online, but it won't be ready for this ride. Let me know what you think. 

9 hours ago, Gaurav said:

@Olivier Refalo welcome to Carnity and it's offroad club. Good to see such educated and concerned offroad enthusiast who care to read and share the facts before the drive, which saves everyone time and hassle.

Without the tow hook, I'm afraid we can't allow anyone on any offroad drive as tow point is the only place with which we can rescue you in case there is any stuck. Of course, we do have all recovery gears and equipment but without tow point everything is waste, hope you understand that it's for your own good and safety.

There are two nice tow hooks in the front of the car, not in the rear.

I guess I'll have to pass this time around, thank you

• Like (+1) 1

Sorry about that, but show us the rear bumper pic, without any flap I still feel we can attach a shackle at least in the eyelet of trailer hitch joint

We do have metal shackle and soft shackle like a small piece of rope that can actually pass through tight eyelet even

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

Sorry about that, but show us the rear bumper pic, without any flap I still feel we can attach a shackle at least in the eyelet of trailer hitch joint

We do have metal shackle and soft shackle like a small piece of rope that can actually pass through tight eyelet even

here we are.. not much to attach to if you ask me. 

IMG_3030.jpg

IMG_3031.jpg

OK, that's very weird. Try to see if you can open this lower segment of the plastic flap by some cross screws underneath?

image.png

Important Information

Terms of use