•  
Advertise here

Unicorns

Barry

6 hours ago, Frederic said:

My father in law drove a 1.6 Sierra and literally did zero maintenance, except topping up the oil level when the light came up. Managed to drive 65,000km in 20 years and didn’t  wash it once. 

Didn't get it washed in 20 years, he's my type of the guy.

• Haha (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

Didn't get it washed in 20 years, he's my type of the guy.

Well TBH in countries like that you really don't need to wash cars unless you take it off-road or muddy areas.

The regular rains keep them pretty much clean on the outside.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Well TBH in countries like that you really don't need to wash cars unless you take it off-road or muddy areas.

The regular rains keep them pretty much clean on the outside.

Washing is pretty important if you don’t want your car to disintegrate. Dirt and crap collects in all the little nooks and crevices which holds water which causes rust. Not to mention the salt they put on the roads in the winter which will leave your car looking like a scabby donkey. 

• WOW (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Barry said:

Washing is pretty important if you don’t want your car to disintegrate. Dirt and crap collects in all the little nooks and crevices which holds water which causes rust. Not to mention the salt they put on the roads in the winter which will leave your car looking like a scabby donkey. 

That depends on place to place. Doesn't snow everywhere or mucky roads 

I saw my buds car in the US North Carolina and it looked pretty damn nice and he said he's only washed it once since he got it two years ago!

And washing the body or as it called body wash here wouldn't get rid of the dirt in all the knows and crannies anyways.

Edited by desertdude
  • Confused (0) 1

13 hours ago, Nacho said:

First time I've seen this car. It is a Jannarelly, a brand based in Dubai. It had a plate saying it was part of the original launch edition of 30 cars. Quite nice!

20200315_172236.jpg

20200315_172317.jpg

Two french guys in jaddaf. I was trying to get a job there a while back but they don’t answer phones and they don’t respond to emails. Don’t know how that will work out for them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

Just a Ford Sierra, but I must admit I have never seen this colour scheme before, We only got them in single colours. Sierra's, with colour coded double spoilers I mean- not Merkurs.  

Edited by treks
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, treks said:

Just a Ford Sierra, but I must admit I have never seen this colour scheme before, We only got them in single colours. Sierra's- not Merkurs. 

Same body shell as the Sierra XR4i but it was released under the Merkur brand in USA. Ford didn’t want to sell it under the Sierra brand as GMC already had the Sierra pickup. We got them in two tone colour scheme. The big difference with the Merkur is that it came with a turbocharged 4 cylinder 2.3 Pinto as opposed to the XR4i which had a V6 2.8 Cologne which makes it pretty rare. This was my XR4i,

AF167E88-72EC-482A-9325-8F7E8B622011.jpeg.312f3ea51a75bd905dbe2cde4825002b.jpeg

Only the XR4i had the split rear quarter light window. Standard 3 door Sierras (including the RS Cosworth) had a one piece window. 

B9F49BFA-CA7B-45CD-86A4-59A066F69E2C.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

We never had the 2.8 engine here- at least, not officially. What we did have many of was the 2.3L version of the V6 engine in a few Sierra variants. In my opinion, the 2.3L was a far superior engine to both the 2.8L we saw in some unofficially imported Granada's and the 3.0 in the many variants of the Cortina. 

Edited by treks
  • Like (+1) 1