•  
Advertise here

Need help in buying a LS460 L 2011,12 model

Dr-A

Hey all,

Does anyone own Lexus LS460 L 2010 to 2012 models. If yes, what are your reviews.

Anyone wants to sell theirs, I would be quite interested.

Thanks.

I know someone who has one, but the LC version. I’ve driven it and worked on it a few times. Comfortable and quiet, unless you’re thrashing it, then you get the nice V8 engine sound. Plenty of toys to play with too. My favourite thing was the air conditioned seats. Sitting on them on a hot summer day just makes you forget all your problems. The space in the rear is amazing. Even with the front seats back, a fatso like me is still comfortable. The car hasn’t given any trouble in the last 2 years I’ve worked on it, just regular servicing. It’s the perfect luxobarge. Might not have the same brand prestige as a Mercedes but it’s 5 times the car. I wouldn’t buy one with my own money as it’s not my taste but if someone was giving me one, I’d drive it happily. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I had a GS430 long time ago and that was the second most comfortable car I have ever owned. Lexus engineering is very good and flawless, unlike many other luxury marquees, just go with GCC specs and you will enjoy it thoroughly.

Maybe our biggest Lexus LS advocate @shadow79 will add more points here.

• Haha (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

any Ls from after 2k is nice the Ls 460 is a wonderful piece of art it has almost all the amenities everything is rock solid very well built

dual a/c like in big suv's ,rear power seats ,very quiet car 8 gears so highway consumption is low ,radar cruise,lane keep assist and many more goodies

just be careful just try not to buy anybody else's piece of shit if you do that then its your mistake not the cars try to get a well maintained one then you will really be happy i have heard very rare ones come with supercharger installed from company 

i have seen ls430 with supercharger 

the only bad thing in these cars is its abs that goes bad in few years and you have to change the accumulator and or the abs assy itself which is gonna cost a handsome amount of around 4.5 to 7k 

i have seen people drive it like that with the abs light on have also seen unsuspecting people buying it with the abs light disabled so they really did not know that there was a problem with it either way its a risk you should not be taking

other than that the parts are available for it in new as well as the used market is saturated with it

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/24/2018 at 9:07 PM, Barry said:

I know someone who has one, but the LC version. I’ve driven it and worked on it a few times. Comfortable and quiet, unless you’re thrashing it, then you get the nice V8 engine sound. Plenty of toys to play with too. My favourite thing was the air conditioned seats. Sitting on them on a hot summer day just makes you forget all your problems. The space in the rear is amazing. Even with the front seats back, a fatso like me is still comfortable. The car hasn’t given any trouble in the last 2 years I’ve worked on it, just regular servicing. It’s the perfect luxobarge. Might not have the same brand prestige as a Mercedes but it’s 5 times the car. I wouldn’t buy one with my own money as it’s not my taste but if someone was giving me one, I’d drive it happily. 

Thanks for the reply.  Can you please tell me how costly are the spare parts? The regular stuff which needs to be changes like brake pads, sparks, belts, etc??

19 hours ago, shadow79 said:

any Ls from after 2k is nice the Ls 460 is a wonderful piece of art it has almost all the amenities everything is rock solid very well built

dual a/c like in big suv's ,rear power seats ,very quiet car 8 gears so highway consumption is low ,radar cruise,lane keep assist and many more goodies

just be careful just try not to buy anybody else's piece of shit if you do that then its your mistake not the cars try to get a well maintained one then you will really be happy i have heard very rare ones come with supercharger installed from company 

i have seen ls430 with supercharger 

the only bad thing in these cars is its abs that goes bad in few years and you have to change the accumulator and or the abs assy itself which is gonna cost a handsome amount of around 4.5 to 7k 

i have seen people drive it like that with the abs light on have also seen unsuspecting people buying it with the abs light disabled so they really did not know that there was a problem with it either way its a risk you should not be taking

other than that the parts are available for it in new as well as the used market is saturated with it

thanks for the detailed info. Yes the ABS has many problem but as far as I have researched they have fixed this after the 2010 models. It won't run beyond 250k kms I guess. My mitsubishi 4x4 also has the ABS light but its merely the sensor and the brakes are rock solid. I will definitely get a comprehensive test before purchasing a 2011 or 12 LS460.

Could you tell me how costly are the usual spare parts which needs to be changed on a regular basis?

which comprehensive testing is the best, shamil or tasjeel?

• Haha (+1) 1

IMO comprehensive tests are not worth the paper they are printed on. Even if the car is in top notch condition but because you paid so much extra they feel obligated to fill up the sheet with stuff. Plus they can tell you anything a good 20 minute test drive and poke in the engine bay and under the car won't tell you.

• Haha (+1) 1