•  
Advertise here

Camry 2005 axle repair. Please advise.

Dr-A

Hey all.

So I noticed my 2005 camry (american specs, done 165 k miles) started giving some crinkling noise when I'm on u turn both ways left and right. It increased gradually and only occurs at u turn or turning the steering wheel more on both sides. The ride is smooth and brakes are working fine. 

I went to a garage to check it out and he said that it is the axle which is making the noise. So naturally I went to one of the authorized spare parts outlet in sharjah and they quoted me a whopping 3000dhs for 2 axles. The car is only worth about a mere 12k dhs. Its a lot of money for axle repair.

Please advise on what to do now? Should I buy a second hand axle or get a new Chinese or Thai one?

Has anyone had a similar experience and what did they do?

Instead of chinese or thai ones, I will highly recommend the used ones from a scrapyard.

You can find which scrapyard deals with Toyota and finding Camry (most common) axle will be a piece of cake

https://carnity.com/business_listing/car-spare-parts/used-parts-scrapyard

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

3 hours ago, desertdude said:

And people say jap eco boxes are cheap to maintain

It can be as expensive as you want it to be, especially if you want to replace the entire axle when only the CV joints can be replaced. 

1 hour ago, treks said:

It can be as expensive as you want it to be, especially if you want to replace the entire axle when only the CV joints can be replaced. 

Not really, a front strut for a 1996 toyota tercel cost the same as the air spring on my range rover. Well it did the last time I asked.

Honda and Mitsubishi parts are notoriously expensive.

i know the axels new are very expensive and aftermarket will not last so we usually advise the customers to better buy used japanese axles both will come at around 550 to 650 and it will last you a good time

Edited by shadow79
more info
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

22 hours ago, shadow79 said:

i know the axels new are very expensive and aftermarket will not last so we usually advise the customers to better buy used japanese axles both will come at around 550 to 650 and it will last you a good time

Can you please tell me where to get japanese ones in sharjah or ajman? thanks

not ajman only in sharjah you can get fresh parts but you have to keep an eye open

as there too now repaired goods shop have popped up which sell repaired goods

3 hours ago, shadow79 said:

not ajman only in sharjah you can get fresh parts but you have to keep an eye open

as there too now repaired goods shop have popped up which sell repaired goods

do you know of any specific shop in sharjah?

appreciate it