•  

Wadi suggestions

Radhika

Hi Campers

We're planning a bbq picnic in the wadi for Sunday, 2nd Dec (also happens to be my bday) and we're running out of ideas on which wadi to camp at. We narrowed down to Wadi Siji but cant seem to find any useful information online hence coming to you all for help/suggestions. We are 4 families (and just 2 kids) and want to go somewhere that's easily accessible, kid friendly and bbq friendly. Is Wadi Siji a good place? I'm also open to other suggestions (not in the sand). However we also prefer to stay away from Oman exclaves :)

Thanks in advance.

Looking forward to some solid advise. :)

• Like (+1) 1

Very good post @Radhika

Maybe it's time for wadi champions to come forward and build a solid list of open and closed wadi's as they are always changing

@Jeh @Rahimdad @skumar83 @Abdul Basit Khan please help if you have any current heads-up on wadi's in UAE

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Hi @Radhika if you are looking at family outing  Fujairah/Dibba  is a nice place on the beach area in line to radisson Blu where you can enjoy the kool weather and also do a barbeque or bon fire. i am visiting the same spot 2 weeks in a row now and enjoy the scenic drive and kool breeze and weather. if it rains then you will get to see water streams while driving through the mountains.

Hey @Radhika advance Happy Bday to you! 🌹

Do all of you have a 4x4? Or there are some Sedans as well? 

How far are you willing to drive? Or do you want someplace within an hour drive? 

Btw i haven't heard of this Wadi Siji. Share some photos or info that you have heard. 

3 minutes ago, Jeh said:

Hey @Radhika advance Happy Bday to you! 🌹

Do all of you have a 4x4? Or there are some Sedans as well? 

How far are you willing to drive? Or do you want someplace within an hour drive? 

Btw i haven't heard of this Wadi Siji. Share some photos or info that you have heard. 

Thank you for the wish!
We have 2 x 4x4 and 1 x SUV. We dont mind driving for up to 2hours. 

Wadi Siji is just off E88 close to Friday market. I saw some images on google maps and the most recent one is from Nov 2018 and it looks decent (see below)

11 minutes ago, Ren13 said:

Hi @Radhika if you are looking at family outing  Fujairah/Dibba  is a nice place on the beach area in line to radisson Blu where you can enjoy the kool weather and also do a barbeque or bon fire. i am visiting the same spot 2 weeks in a row now and enjoy the scenic drive and kool breeze and weather. if it rains then you will get to see water streams while driving through the mountains.

Thanks @Ren13 but everyone wants to go in the mountains and not to the beach. If we take the kids to the beach they'd want to go in the water and if the weather doesn't permit then they'd be bummed out. So better not to show them the beach :)

9 minutes ago, Jeh said:

Do you prefer a location which is a mix of desert and mountains? Since you mentioned that you wanna avoid sandy places or was it a reference to beach. 

Sure, we can try it out.

In my opinion the Wadi's in UAE are not really worth a visit anymore. Either they are dry, or they are full of garbage and too many people. If you are up to driving a bit further down to Oman then please read on.

We did both Wadi Tiwi and Wadi Shab in Oman a few weeks back and they are simply stunning. Both can be done with young kids but involves a busy day hiking, climbing and swimming. We also camped on the beach in Oman because it is still allowed.

Lots of information can be found online by googling them. The OMAN Offroad books that you can buy in the bookshop are even better as they provide more detailed information.

2018-10-27 22.15.00.png

Edited by Frederic Nuyttens
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

17 minutes ago, Frederic Nuyttens said:

In my opinion the Wadi's in UAE are not really worth a visit anymore. Either they are dry, or they are full of garbage and too many people. If you are up to driving a bit further down to Oman then please read on.

We did both Wadi Tiwi and Wadi Shab in Oman a few weeks back and they are simply stunning. Both can be done with young kids but involves a busy day hiking, climbing and swimming. We also camped on the beach in Oman because it is still allowed.

Lots of information can be found online by googling them. The OMAN Offroad books that you can buy in the bookshop are even better as they provide more detailed information.

2018-10-27 22.15.00.png

Oman is always a great option! Its a beautiful place to explore if you have a 4x4. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Radhika said:

Sure, we can try it out.

I am not sure whether you have heard of Mleiha Museum. http://www.discovermleiha.ae/

It's a great place to visit & very educational for kids as well. The location is very picturesque. 

jpeg.jpg?$p=79ddad7&w=1136&$w=ec52ab9

Post the visit to the museum you can drive inside a bit and there are small enclosed spaces which are a bit rocky and sandy where you can do BBQ and camp as well. The best part is its only an hours drive from Dubai. 

https://goo.gl/maps/wrvXAFHSFGR2 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use