•  
Advertise here

Dubai Taxi - Hilux TRD

Barry

Well, it's simple really; it's a taxi for people with lots and lots of luggage that won't fit in any other type of taxi.

Well, it's a very smart move to capture that commercial pickup niche from RTA. So that people or companies doing quick moving or relocating pickup size stuff can call such fixed rate taxi pickup, then haggling on prices with private pickups.

I agree TRD is a bit flashy though for such need, maybe that's the whole point to capture attention and make us talk

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Did some googling and found out these are mostly used in the Hatta region of Dubai and not so uncommon. It's been donkey years since I went there and don't plan on going anytime soon either. So it could very well be the case there.

This road does look like the road right on the border of Dubai Shj with the Dubai side fenced off with barbed wire on top with the big old tyres dumpsite.behind the car impound

As per my experience only Z71 package from Chevrolet is slightly speced. Nismo is also slightly speced from Nissan. But TRD from Toyota here is just a sticker with some cosmetic upgrades, engine and all other components come stock. Went to Hatta with @Jeh last year, but did not see any of these, maybe a new addition.

Was in Hatta Sunday, seen about 5-6 of these parked around the hill park so asked one of the drivers about this sighting, it’s for moving equipment and stuff around (I think he said mainly in that area, I could be worng) and since there are quite a few unpaved roads in that region it allows easy access to such places - hilux driver 

How much of this is true or is the actual reason of having hilux taxis, I have no idea. 

• Like (+1) 2