•  
Advertise here

4 hours ago, Derick said:

What about the Jeep wrangler for go anywhere needs or pickup trucks?

I considered it too!

2 hours ago, sertac said:

If you are interested one of my friend selling his fully loaded FJ Cruiser. 2016 model and low km. 

I definitely am interested in knowing more details! You can pm me :)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

9 minutes ago, Jamy B. said:

More chances to get parts for an FJC? as it's newer and can get Toyota dealer to bring them... this is just hypothetically speaking

Would be the same as your Suzuki issue. The FJC was never sold in these places. But the LC was, so more chances of sourcing locally available parts rather than to have to wait for something to arrive from overseas. 

Although you wouldn't do too bad with the FJC than with an X Terra because underneath the FJC its just a Prado with a different body shell on top. 

Which makes me think why not just get a Prado over an FJC. More room for passengers and cargo, better visibility all around. Can sleep in the car on camping trips etc etc.

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Any discontinued car usually serve spare parts from at least 10 to max 25 years.

@Shamil and @Emmanuel can confirm what's Nissan SLA with Xterra if they have researched.

That's reassuring! Thank you

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Would be the same as your Suzuki issue. The FJC was never sold in these places. But the LC was, so more chances of sourcing locally available parts rather than to have to wait for something to arrive from overseas. 

Although you wouldn't do too bad with the FJC than with an X Terra because underneath the FJC its just a Prado with a different body shell on top. 

Which makes me think why not just get a Prado over an FJC. More room for passengers and cargo, better visibility all around. Can sleep in the car on camping trips etc etc.

Prado was my first choice, but even for 50k the models I checked were too old and used, a lot of kms too... I didn't find any descent one and got frustrated and tired looking for one. Which year and model would you say? and reasonable price? Because a brand new one is 160k... and As Rahim said, I wouldn't be keen to taking it to the desert hehe

The car would be for me alone btw. No passengers to take into consideration, at least right now and the near future :)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

42 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

@Jamy B. welcome back. You still have a long way to go to qualify for the intermediate level. Since you've been away for long period you'll have to start all over again. I personally like the 3.8 litre as it offers the rear difflock also. It would be mighty useful if it is a SWB rather than LWB.

In a way I agree with @Gaurav bhai to go with the Xterra, of course a used one and spend money on maintaining, repairing or mods to the car. You don't want to bring in a brand new 100k car to the desert. When you do decide to go for expedition do a little research and rent a fully insured vehicle from that place to help you keep your car safe.

Thank you! Happy to be back :)

I know I still have a lot to learn and I'm definitely willing to restart as soon as I can.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Stick to proper offroader built for the purpose than Prado, which in no doubt very powerful and capable offroader but too expensive to thrash every week due to creature comfort it offers.

I highly agree with Rahim on Swb 3.8 pajero will be nice but just need little body modification and under body protection. Max 1-2k expense.

If you are single or even double in near future I highly recommend to go for swb for more fun than thinking of hauling in 2 bedroom appt.

FJC, Xterra, SWB Land Cruiser, SWB Pajero SWB Patrol, Wrangler makes all good sense.

• Like (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Welcome back @Jamy B. ! It’s been more than 2 years now that I bought my used 2012 Xterra and so far I am very happy. It’s a beast off-road and totally fine on road even if it’s not the most comfortable car you can find. Spare parts are available at Nissan and in many places, so no worries at all about that. 
For off-road I only added a skid plate and a light bar, which is enough TMO. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Forgot to mention that you can definitely slip well at the back of an Xterra as there is a lot of space. The back seats are removable and you can even use them as chairs when camping.

For your expeditions in Africa, I totally second @Rahimdad : better to rent a good 4x4 there in case you break a part. 

• Like (+1) 3

17 hours ago, Jamy B. said:

I considered it too!

I definitely am interested in knowing more details! You can pm me :)

Hi Jamy;

Sorry our good forum policy not allowing for PM if you are not purchasing some level of membership.

I checked with my friend he said it is 2016 VXR but registered at 2017,  40.000km

It has;

Navigation, Leather Seats, Backup Camera, Parking Sensors, Blind spot Sensor, It has original Built in Compressor and flag point on roof. 

Full service history, has warranty till 2021. For price you can call him or whatsapp him. +971 54 791 7955.

He is selling because planing to get A G63 Merc.  

Edited by sertac
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2019 at 1:31 PM, Gaurav said:

To make your search and buy more streamline, I highly advise to stick to offroad version and higher engine size of any 4x4 you pick and choose. Offroad version will have better underbody protection, firm suspension to take the abuse and differential lock for extreme offroad conditions and self recovery. Higher engine size will offer you better power/weight ratio which is always desirable for serious offroading. While buying a new ride you can easily choose these option to make a perfect choice rather than modifying later. I am big fan of stock but capable vehicle to keep the headache to the bare minimum as I have driven highly modified 4x4 with no comfort and tons of headache every year for passing.

• 2015 Xterra offroad 
  • 2016/17 FJ Cruiser Xtreme

Also try to buy a 4x4 that has been driven more on road than offroad, as regularly pushed offroad 4x4 will offer you lesser usable life.

What do you think of this model? Is the horsepower low? Is the price reasonable for what this car's specifications? Just to have an idea...

the off-road ones are not that easy to find...

https://dubai.dubizzle.com/motors/used-cars/nissan/xterra/2019/10/12/nissan-xterra-40l-v6-4wd-2015-gcc-dealer-w-2/?back=L21vdG9ycy91c2VkLWNhcnMvbmlzc2FuL3h0ZXJyYS8%2Fc2l0ZT0tLSZzPU1UJnJjPTE0MCZjMT0xNDk1JmMyPTE1MTImYzM9MzAwMyZwcmljZV9fZ3RlPSZwcmljZV9fbHRlPSZ5ZWFyX19ndGU9JnllYXJfX2x0ZT0ma2lsb21ldGVyc19fZ3RlPSZraWxvbWV0ZXJzX19sdGU9JnNlbGxlcl90eXBlPSZidXllcl9tYXJrZXQ9JmtleXdvcmRzPSZpc19iYXNpY19zZWFyY2hfd2lkZ2V0PTAmaXNfc2VhcmNoPTEmYWRkZWRfX2d0ZT0mbW90b3JzX3RyaW09MzAwMyZhdXRvX2FnZW50PQ%3D%3D&pos=0&highlighted_ads=1

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1