•  
Advertise here

1 hour ago, desertdude said:

Big fan of car switch eh! :D

Yes i am a big fan of Carswitch. How cant i. If i find the same car from another place, i have to take it to mechanic, pay for checking it etc. Carswitch already doing it for me. For example if i want to buy a F10 BMW. If there is 15 advertisement. I can easily find the one without accident or mechanical issues. I can take it to my mechanic confirm and buy it. I dont need to check 10 different car to find a clean car. If you are saying it is more expensive than the other places. When i am buying my SLK it was great deal as price. You need to find the right car, than negotiate. 

As seller i wont use it. I dont need someone else to sell a car. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, sertac said:

Yes i am a big fan of Carswitch. How cant i. If i find the same car from another place, i have to take it to mechanic, pay for checking it etc. Carswitch already doing it for me. For example if i want to buy a F10 BMW. If there is 15 advertisement. I can easily find the one without accident or mechanical issues. I can take it to my mechanic confirm and buy it. I dont need to check 10 different car to find a clean car. If you are saying it is more expensive than the other places. When i am buying my SLK it was great deal as price. You need to find the right car, than negotiate. 

As seller i wont use it. I dont need someone else to sell a car. 

I guess for the avg Joe who doesn't know much about cars it's alright. 9 times out of 10 you can make out from the pictures posted of the car has been in a collision. Mismatched colour body panels, uneven gaps, wavy panels, new lights on one side old on the other. Rest can be checked by yourself when you see it for the mechanical issues.

And most mechanics I've seen who "check" cars just get it over with. Would never trust them. 

• Like (+1) 3

On 11/10/2019 at 10:19 AM, Jamy B. said:

Thank you! I’m going to test-drive it this afternoon. What price should I offer? Is the asked price reasonable?

I really appreciate your help! 

So how was it ? Have you done the test drive ? 

• Like (+1) 3

19 hours ago, Emmanuel said:

So how was it ? Have you done the test drive ? 

Not yet as the owner is out of the country. I’m test-driving it today though and will definitely keep you guys updated 🤗

On 11/10/2019 at 7:52 PM, desertdude said:

I guess for the avg Joe who doesn't know much about cars it's alright. 9 times out of 10 you can make out from the pictures posted of the car has been in a collision. Mismatched colour body panels, uneven gaps, wavy panels, new lights on one side old on the other. Rest can be checked by yourself when you see it for the mechanical issues.

And most mechanics I've seen who "check" cars just get it over with. Would never trust them. 

Be my guest then! (Yes, It’s a challenge 😂). I’d love to see what you can find and how decent it will turn out to be, especially that for me it’ll be a win win 😁

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Jamy B. said:

Not yet as the owner is out of the country. I’m test-driving it today though and will definitely keep you guys updated 🤗

Be my guest then! (Yes, It’s a challenge 😂). I’d love to see what you can find and how decent it will turn out to be, especially that for me it’ll be a win win 😁

With all due respect, you think I don't have anything better to do ? If you really want my advice then don't get an Xterra in the first place. 

Edited by desertdude
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Confused (0) 1

• 3 months later...

Well, finally the search has ended! I’ve gathered so much information, gained significant knowledge and above all, made friends in the process.

Special thanks to @Rahimdad for his patience, assistance, continuous Support and valuable advice. To @Gaurav for asking the right questions to put me on the right search path and, more importantly, answering mine in such analytical way. And special thanks to @Emmanuel who tirelessly gave advice whenever I needed, and made sure I knew what I was getting myself into with every option I considered. Last but not least, thanks to @sertac, @desertdude, @Shamil and the rest of participants for sharing their opinions and personal experiences, as well as the comparative analysis between different makes and models they shared here.

So, without further ado, I went for an Xterra Off-road model, 2014, 70.000 km. Looking forward to taking it to the desert!

42B78807-1D1A-4FE3-A833-C88EED0D4D53.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 4

CONGRATULATIONS @Jamy B., very nice choice you made and seems like real good deal you got there with low km Xterra offroad.

Looking forward to see you soon in action.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.