•  

Hatta to Shawka Mountain Exploration - 14 Dec 2018

Gaurav

13 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Wow, there seems to be so much interest on mountain drive that we should add such excursion more often now.

As many of you know that we have recently set up a grading structure to rank every offroader so that he/she can join on suitable drives as per their experience with Carnity Offroad Club. This is purely for safety reason and for improvising the user experience than the newbie level joins the intermediate drive or vice versa and end up feeling out of place.

Having said that, the route I selected is definitely not fit for the first-time mountain offroader, as it requires some precise control to climb up on loose gravel and boulder path. Too fast might cause damage to the vehicle and too slow might slip backward. This challenge will multiply on turnings even tougher and you need great control to stop and start the vehicle without slipping on steep incline and decline.

I truly understand that some of you have had previous experience and feel quite confident in such terrain, but my humble request is to wait for newbie level mountain drive to join so that we can rate and evaluate your experience.

Secondly, this is an exploration drive and my 10-year-old waypoint might be blocked as it was too close to the border fence or inaccessible due to rain or weather conditions. Although I do have Plan B - Wadi Shawka river bed loop and Plan C - Wadi Sfini crossing in the nearby area, but I cannot guarantee if all these routes will be accessible or not.

@WiLfY and @Vali If you are confident for such an area and ready for an "exploration drive" where things might not go completely as per plan, please do join.

@BIG T and @Emil if you have previous experience of mountain drive please join, or else wait for newbie level trip.

Gaurav, I have a suggestion if you allow me... Might be a good ideea to start the drive a bit earlier, considering short winter daylight and as you said things might not go as per plan and get longer time to return to blacktop. Daylight I think is better than any car lights... 

Thank u @Gaurav i actually have some expertise when it come to mountain climbing cuz thats the type of off roading that we have back home its a little of dirt, sand and rocks and i would like to join but i might have some other plans for this Friday, not sure.

anyway i'll let you know by the end of the week

3 hours ago, Vali said:

Gaurav, I have a suggestion if you allow me... Might be a good ideea to start the drive a bit earlier, considering short winter daylight and as you said things might not go as per plan and get longer time to return to blacktop. Daylight I think is better than any car lights... 

It's a Friday prayer that ends at 12:45 - 1 PM so timing the drive accordingly.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

34 minutes ago, hossein said:

Hi everyone, i dont know to say my level is newbie or fewbie, I like to join, too many times I went to Wadi Khamis with my friends, dear @Gaurav is this trip is same or harder? 

Thanks 

No, it's not, this mountain entrance is from Wadi Qur or Qour and exit close to Buraq dam.

Unless you have previous experience in negotiating steep mountain climbs on loose gravel and big stones area, I wouldn't advise anyone to signup.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

No, it's not, this mountain entrance is from Wadi Qur or Qour and exit close to Buraq dam.

Unless you have previous experience in negotiating steep mountain climbs on loose gravel and big stones area, I wouldn't advise anyone to signup.

Thanks a lot, just I want to know how is this drive condition, I think I can do it, but I will confirm.

Thanks to @Rahimdad and @skumar83 who have done a recce trip to this week mountain drive location.

Thankfully the entire track is completely open and accessible and the best is the route has been relatively flattened so no much risk of slipping or damaging vehicle. Only steep incline and decline need a bit of caution and everyone need to follow the advice for engaging low gearing as required.

Henceforth, I am changing this drive level to all level now, so everyone is welcome to join and enjoy the beautiful view of these great mountains and end with Buraq dam water filled picturesque view.

@BIG T, @Emil@hossein please feel free to join if you wish to now.

WhatsApp Image 2018-12-11 at 7.28.46 PM.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use