•  
Advertise here

Nissan Patrol new shape 2013 - 2016, 320 or 400 Hp?

Dr-A

On 12/9/2018 at 11:24 PM, desertdude said:

I agree with Gaurav on this one, get the biggest you can afford but do test drive both first and see of you really think the difference is worth it. 

I had a Supercharged L322 for a few days and really didn't feel too big a difference between the NA one and the supercharged one. Even after many 0-100 pedal to metal launches. 

Same with a Land Cruiser VXR 5.7 V8 and the  4.5 inline 6. The difference was even less noticeable.

But usually the bigger motors are from the top spec line and all the extra goodies and bells and whistles more than make up for the difference.

Nothing more shitty than dropping a big chunk of cash on a car only to see blanking plates and dummy buttons reminding you, you've bought the low spec model and you are missing quite a few things.

Japanese and American manufacturers are notorious for doing this,  thankfully the Europeans don't follow this route of cheapness. 

I drove Nissan Patrol 2015 SE mid option 320 HP yesterday and I really enjoyed the drive. Than got the chance to drive the GMC Yukon Denali 2016 and I could instantly see the difference. Although the sheer size of the Denali is breathtaking, the power it outputs manages to compensate with the weight. Overtaking was much easier in the Patrol though.

Still deciding... I don't want a vehicle that will hemorrhage money.

The SE version really doesn't have much to offer compared to the Platinum one.

6 hours ago, Dr-A said:

I drove Nissan Patrol 2015 SE mid option 320 HP yesterday and I really enjoyed the drive. Than got the chance to drive the GMC Yukon Denali 2016 and I could instantly see the difference. Although the sheer size of the Denali is breathtaking, the power it outputs manages to compensate with the weight. Overtaking was much easier in the Patrol though.

Still deciding... I don't want a vehicle that will hemorrhage money.

The SE version really doesn't have much to offer compared to the Platinum one.I

I really do like the new Chevy's, haven't had the chance to drive one yet though. Personally I would get the Chevy on looks alone. The new patrol are ugly to say the least

• Haha (+1) 1