•  

Newbie + level drive 21 Dec 2018

Rahimdad

@hossein Welcome. If you're joining us tomorrow please sign up in the calendar, link given below.

@jibransayed it is a bit late. Will check tomorrow if anyone carrying an extra flag and clamp.

Dear Gaurav I am really sorry for Tomorrow drive  as I couldn’t able to join you guys for tomorrow have some emergency & I am not sure I will be joining you on time or not if I finish my work before 01 then for sure i am IN! 

Enjoy your drive have fun! 😊😊 join you in next drive! 

• Sad (0) 1

12 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

@hossein Welcome. If you're joining us tomorrow please sign up in the calendar, link given below.

@jibransayed it is a bit late. Will check tomorrow if anyone carrying an extra flag and clamp.

@RahimdadI did it 3 days ago but I don't know how it's gone 

It definitely was a challenging drive for most of the newbies in an area which is normally kept for fewbie + level. With the amount of cross track and soft sand causing some of the cars to stuggle, at one point I had asked Gaurav if it would be wise to reroute. He mentioned that it's important for the newbies to be able to manage such a terrain and at the end of the drive I totally agree with what he said.

Unless you increase the challenge level, there will never be learning and I personally could see the big improvement in some of them during play the course of the drive. 

It's like sometimes important to remove the float of a child who is learning how to swim as the struggle is what would make him learn the real techniques of how to manage himself. You need to just supervise. And that's exactly what was done in the drive.

Trottle control and how to keep the momentum in such an area had vastly improved for the newbies during the course of the drive. You could see some of the newbies learning the art of circling in a bowl to gain the momentum and then exit out.

Kudos to @Rahimdad and @Gaurav for selecting this terrain for the newbies and at the end of the drive everyone did have a satisfied smile on their face.

Special thanks to @jibransayed, @Mick, @Jocreative, @hossein for accommodating my extended family as passengers. They really enjoyed the experience

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Well written @skumar83. This drive was meant to raise all participants level from newbie to Fewbie level and we all noticed the same. Vast improvement from all newbies to up their levels. Well done to @Javier M, @jibransayed, @BIG T, @Rana, @Emil, @hossein who did very well in this area. The idea was not of a newbie drive, but to increase everybodies level to Fewbie. This was well achieved by all. Thanks to @Gaurav, @skumar83, @Asif Hussain, @Mujtaba, @Mick and @baselsm83 for the support during the drive.

The best part about the drive was not only to be able to drive within that sort of a terrain but to have the patience for all to clear. My sincere thanks to all who passed the test on both fronts as everybody made it to all the sections as planned and everyone showed the patience important to become the best offroaders everyone appreciates.

Special thanks to Zahir bhai who has come back from Saudi to join the trip and support our drive.

Surely we noticed some discrepancies with the drive and @Gaurav bhai will be making and have a report soon on these short comings. Whatever we have devised is of utmost importance due to safety with our 20+ years of experience off road. The trip leaders advise should always be followed and radios are a must and should be treated with utmost respect.

looking forward to such great participation with better solutions for future drives.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use