•  

Newbie + level drive 21 Dec 2018

Rahimdad

Well said totally agree with above post!

Off roading it’s all about your driving  skills & technics few drivers learn very quickly and few driver were taking lot of time to learn these skills more imp factor is to keep learning from your seniors driver and marshals how they do it! 

• Like (+1) 2

It was a wonderful newbie+ drive and thanks Rahimdad for this great idea to throw newbies in some rough water and teach them swimming without the floaters - perfect example  @skumar83

I have seen lot of new faces who were so confident in newbie tracks before were struggling on newbies+ level was there for a purpose to let them graduate the art of driving and learning their vehicle real capabilities. Some of the newbies have shown excellent learning curve and others have demonstrated that they have relevant previous experience based on which few promotions have been made today. Few others are almost close and maybe in the next couple of drives will be promoted shortly, once we all feel you are ready for the next level.

I like to reiterate on the point that Rahimdad already mentions on "PATIENCE" that any offroad sport is an extreme adventure and if you cannot learn to be patient, tolerate and forgiving to others you can never learn real offroading. Offroading has no rules and laws, lanes and red lights, streetlight and signboard so one has to be very cautious and careful at every turn then being stupid and driving blind-folded. Secondly, we also need to learn to level up with each other while offroading so that we can learn together rather than running alone in a race. Thirdly, In this extreme sport, trust is everything that we extend to each other while venturing out and have that unsaid faith on each other capabilities and support so that we all can enjoy our weekend in a safe environment.

Safety for yourself and for others is paramount and we will never compromise on that so that everyone can return home in one piece and in their own car after the weekend fun. I really appreciate a lot of you guys come from previous experience and didn't actually enjoyed yesterday drive with tons of refusals, but we all have learned the same way and I hope you continue to provide your support in the future to train others. This is how we all grow together and learn from each other at every stage of offroading.

• Like (+1) 7

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

9 hours ago, Mick said:

When you enter desert..... you must go with a man, Not with a boy.

Sorry, I don't mean all people, almost  they are great.

I totally agree @Mick, that everyone should enter desert with real men who understand this extreme adventure and behave in a responsible and civil manner than just being kiddish like immature boys.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

22 minutes ago, Emil said:

It was a wonderful drive... there were many places which I thought was difficult for me to handle. Thanks to confidence given to me by Gaurav, Rahimbhai, srikumar... you guys made me feel proud of myself... I have learned a lot more... 

Totally agreed with you, same here, but I have to do something for car traction control, anytime I need power the engine stop down,

Thanks alot brothers @Rahimdad @Gaurav  @skumar83  @Asif Hussain  for help and guidance 

• Like (+1) 5

13 hours ago, hossein said:

Totally agreed with you, same here, but I have to do something for car traction control, anytime I need power the engine stop down,

Thanks alot brothers @Rahimdad @Gaurav  @skumar83  @Asif Hussain  for help and guidance 

i checked with Mitsubishi they said we have to switch off ASTC by pressing the button near knees and engage 4HLc which will lock the central differential to split torque equally. It has to be engaged only when we encounter cross tracks or bumpy ride where the car computer confuses and thinks car is slipping heavily and starts to brake the wheels, and acts upon the engine accelerations as well. 

let's try this the next time 

removing the ABS fuse will disengage it completely but it is highly highly highly not recommended. This is the kill switch you were asking for.

Edited by jibransayed
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, jibransayed said:

i checked with Mitsubishi they said we have to switch off ASTC by pressing the button near knees and engage 4HLc which will lock the central differential to split torque equally. It has to be engaged only when we encounter cross tracks or bumpy ride where the car computer confuses and thinks car is slipping heavily and starts to brake the wheels, and acts upon the engine accelerations as well. 

let's try this the next time 

Thanks @jibransayed yeah good idea but with mine even in 4HLc and switched off ASTC, still traction control has been activated and stopped the engine. As with my research there maybe 2 ways to disable the traction control: killing switch (as with the video below) or removing ABS fuse (but I'm not so sure about this if it's working or not) 

• 2 weeks later...

@hossein let me know if the trick with pulling the ABS fuse works, i might need it in the future on my wife's car :)

If positive, then it can be easily solved by doing some small wiring like in attached pic. The fuse in the wiring diagram that goes into the car's fusebox has to be a busted one of course, otherwise it won't work. You can use an old busted fuse, break it open and solder 2 wires to the blades.

image.png

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use