•  
Advertise here

Worst rental car ever?

Barry

We all know rental cars are crap. Share your experiences of the worst rental cars you have driven. 

I had an accident in a 400 Bhp Subaru, not my fault. They gave me a Hyundai Getz to drive. I’ve had faster kick scooters. I was trying to slide it and get the most out of it. Ended up sliding it into a kerb and bending the rear axle. £100 and an hours work later and I fixed it and handed it back to the rental company and nobody knew. Horrible car. It was like a bicycle with a roof and a heater, optional radio. 

There are good and bad rent car shops for sure a friend of mine had flipped his car in the early days of Emirates road there was no lights so he didn't know where he was speeding into he just called the insurance guys who came to him with another car and took care of the rest of the matter

And sometimes later on we friends took a car from a cheap shop near spenneys it could be that someone had hit it in the parking and run away it was barely visible we didn't even know it was there but when we returned the car that guy after doing rounds straight came to that spot and pointed at it and was asking 1k to open the file and give the car to insurance for repair or else he wasn't giving us the passport after some back and forth and threatening we weren't budging I called in a relative who was in anjad and he sorted it out and made us cough up 200 for it as according to him we didn't check that the spot was there or not before getting the car so brothers be careful when getting rent a cars.

48 minutes ago, shadow79 said:

There are good and bad rent car shops for sure a friend of mine had flipped his car in the early days of Emirates road there was no lights so he didn't know where he was speeding into he just called the insurance guys who came to him with another car and took care of the rest of the matter

And sometimes later on we friends took a car from a cheap shop near spenneys it could be that someone had hit it in the parking and run away it was barely visible we didn't even know it was there but when we returned the car that guy after doing rounds straight came to that spot and pointed at it and was asking 1k to open the file and give the car to insurance for repair or else he wasn't giving us the passport after some back and forth and threatening we weren't budging I called in a relative who was in anjad and he sorted it out and made us cough up 200 for it as according to him we didn't check that the spot was there or not before getting the car so brothers be careful when getting rent a cars.

Yup never rent a car from these measly small rent a cars, too many bad stories to even start telling here. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1