•  
Advertise here

Isuzu Trooper Offroad Capabilities

Frederic

Not meaning to hijack this topic, but i couldn't find a separate category for ISUZU. 

Anyone has off-road experiences with the ISUZU TROOPER LWB 3.2 DOHC ? According to the specs should be having close to 200hp, but they are pretty heavy and the spare part availability might be a concern, or am i wrong ?

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Frederic Nuyttens, its a capable off-road vehicle, little under powered due to power to weight ratio and parts are definitely hard to come by and expensive when you finally source them. In South Africa the SWB version is a great hit, but their idea of off-road is different than ours.

• Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Frederic Nuyttens said:

Not meaning to hijack this topic, but i couldn't find a separate category for ISUZU. 

It's there in other car brands for less famous brands

Isuzu trooper very much looks like Pajero and Old Hyundai 4x4 (can't recall its name) seems to me they all are derived from Pajero background, design, engine and 4x4 gearing.

Trooper was quite famous and capable too, but less popularity and parts scarcity killed it completely.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

10 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

It's there in other car brands for less famous brands

Isuzu trooper very much looks like Pajero and Old Hyundai 4x4 (can't recall its name) seems to me they all are derived from Pajero background, design, engine and 4x4 gearing.

Trooper was quite famous and capable too, but less popularity and parts scarcity killed it completely.

Yes i remember visiting the car show in 2002 or something with my father in law. He wanted a capable truck to tow his horse trailer. We checked out the Hyundai Galloper which was based on the trooper if i am not mistaken.

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

It is a pretty solid off roader, running big dyna 44s I think and no its not based on the pajero. 

P.S : Also a Paris Dakkar winner, so that makes it kick ass in some peoples views :D

Edited by desertdude

1 minute ago, Gaurav said:

image.png

Thread is about the Isuzu trooper thats what I was talking about. Ofcourse the whole world knows the galloper was literally an older rebadged Pajero because from what I remember Hyundai basically bought all the tooling for the older pajeros and even the motor was basically a mistsu

• Thanks (+1) 1

all the troopers i have seen are only manuals definitely the part sides is really bad had to wait for around 2 months until the customer found a used distributor (delco) as some know it

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, shadow79 said:

all the troopers i have seen are only manuals definitely the part sides is really bad had to wait for around 2 months until the customer found a used distributor (delco) as some know it

Parts are available easy in eBay. If you set up a shop and ship somewhere with aramex or ups or somewhere, you can have anything from anywhere in the world delivered in a few days. Complaining about lead times isn’t cool anymore and isn’t an excuse. In this modern day and age, it’s possible if you’re prepared to do a bit of research. If Vin Diesel can get overnight parts from Japan, everyone else should be able to do it. I order a lot of stuff from America for classic mustangs, corvettes, el caminos and other weird stuff and most of it gets here in a few days if it’s organised properly.