•  

Newbie drive - 4 Jan 2019

Rahimdad

With the season in full swing and so much interest from new people joining us, we are going to give one more opportunity for new people to join and for the few hanging between the newbie and fewbie level to attain the required number of drives and experience to step to the next level. Looking forward to start the new year with an easy relaxing drive for everyone with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow, hill climb, and ridge riding. Newbies and Fewbies will have great chance to see and learn the real fun that off-roading offers in a very safe and organized environment.

Level Newbie and above

When: 4 January 2019

Meeting time: 1:30 pm, convoy willl move at sharp 1:45 pm

Where: Adnoc Petrol Station Maleha Road

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/RRXDsXrAwi62

Level of drive: Newbie - Fewbie - All are welcome

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance

Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 6:00 pm, find a nice spot to lay our spread and enjoy some good food and stories.

What to bring along: Loads of snacks, plenty of water - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 7:00 pm. Those interested please mark accept on the below calendar.

• Like (+1) 3

Perfect way to start 2019 !

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

37 minutes ago, Panda82 said:

Looking forward to it guys! 

Would it be possible to borrow a radio from someone, by any chance? I’ll bring along a drone as my way to say thanks :-)

We usually have spare radio for an absolute newbie on first come first serve base, but for an exchange of drone footage, I will reserve one from right now 😍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thanks for the drive yesterday guys! A special thank you to Gaurav for the great tips during our several refusals, and a big thanks to everyone for their patience through them :-)

I've uploaded some drone photos and clips; I wanted to get some of the moving convoy, but that was difficult to do without asking everyone to stop, get the drone out, film, then stop again to get the drone back :-).

See you all next time!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks @Rahimdad for excellent newbie drive and everyone for there great coordination, teamwork and patience that paid very well at side sloping timing (real dessert of the desert). I could see everyone was like a kid after the first attempt to have one more attempt, lol. That's the real fun for offroad that gets the adrenaline rushing for everyone.

@Panda82 @hossein @jibransayed @amir.rophail @Sajith Kumar @Jocreative @Javier M @MansourZ @Emil

Please post your feedback here

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Panda82 said:

I've uploaded some drone photos and clips; I wanted to get some of the moving convoy, but that was difficult to do without asking everyone to stop, get the drone out, film, then stop again to get the drone back :-).

Let the trip leader know next time in advance and we can plan such stops for drone shots.

Love your second video of capturing the side sloping attempt of the black wrangler. Perfect angle to focus straight into the action from an aerial view. 👍

• Like (+1) 4

My co-pilot and me had a wonderful day ! He’s still talking about it and remember all instructions given during the briefing 😂 

thanks to all !!

• Like (+1) 5

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use