•  
Advertise here

Only 1 fog light working

Check the fuse diagram and see if any relay is controlling the DRL (daytime running light) or fog lights and gently tap on those relay to see if that helps. 

Similar happened to my wife trailblazer when solid state relay failed and resulted in an exact same symptom of one side headlight failed. Those solid state relay doesn't have any clicking noise to identify if they are working fine or not. So my best bet would be to change that. In Chevrolet, it was costing me 350 and 30 days wait for special order, then I sourced same in scrap parts shop by scouting few hours and found one for 50 dhs.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

On most of these foglights, the ground (-) is connected to a metal part of the foglight frame. So this could be a ground issue. Check if the foglight is properly mounted.

Oh and if it's halogen i hope you did not replace the bulb with your bare hands ? If so then i would burn up immediately or very soon. Always use gloves or paper towel when plugging in a halogen type of bulb.

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Thanks both.

@Gaurav Let me see if I can find the relay. 

@Frederic Nuyttens I actually did change this myself as it seemed pretty easy based on the workshop manual. But in reality it took me an hour when it should have been a 15-minute job! Hands are both still ok so far...

Anyway, I mounted the new bulb and it didn't work. So I removed it again and put the old one back thinking that its probably not a bulb issue since the brand new one didn't work either. Basically I've mounted it twice, so probability of me doing this correctly is ok-ish, what with having 2 cracks at it (plus it was quite tight when I first removed it). 

• Like (+1) 2

if you can get you hands on a multimeter then you can sort if +ive is missing or the -ive is missing then from there we could help you reach somewhere...if you are installing them from scratch then better to go to a sound electrician so they can handle the job better....

Edited by shadow79
more info
  • Like (+1) 3

Pajero runs both fog lights off one fuse. It’s either a break in the wiring somewhere or a corroded plug, probably the latter. The lazy way is just to run a bit of 2 core wire across from the working one but we like to do things right round here 😂

• Like (+1) 1

It's definitely not on the bulb mount or on that wiring's end. It was clean with no corrosion and no loose connection. And like a true expert, I tried moving, tapping, pushing, shaking, shouting and cursing at it after mounting the new and old bulb hoping to get it to work, or even just a flicker. No dice though. I haven't tried tapping (or cursing) the relay though, so I might do this later. 

• Haha (+1) 1