Keithryan

Ticking/clicking noise - Mitsubishi common issue?

UPDATE:

So I've started with the legwork and visited Divya (or Dhanya, I'm confused which one I entered...) and checked out the tappet in the metal. Actual pic below:

IMG_2186.JPG.e3791170a0c6b75dfb2a280c5419ea55.JPG

One would think that a product labeled genuine (and Made in Japan!) is actually genuine. Seems legit? 

Seriously though, isn't Divya an authorised genuine Mitsu part dealer? And yet the price difference vs Habtoor is so significant that gets you to think twice. I actually asked the sales guy in Divya about this to which he said Habtoor doesn't give discount, hence the price difference. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keithryan said:

UPDATE:

So I've started with the legwork and visited Divya (or Dhanya, I'm confused which one I entered...) and checked out the tappet in the metal. Actual pic below:

IMG_2186.JPG.e3791170a0c6b75dfb2a280c5419ea55.JPG

One would think that a product labeled genuine (and Made in Japan!) is actually genuine. Seems legit? 

Seriously though, isn't Divya an authorised genuine Mitsu part dealer? And yet the price difference vs Habtoor is so significant that gets you to think twice. I actually asked the sales guy in Divya about this to which he said Habtoor doesn't give discount, hence the price difference. 

Check Parts before you take from them they are tend so sell 1st copy 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Sidshk said:

Check Parts before you take from them they are tend so sell 1st copy 

REALLY.......? Divya / Dhanya selling first copy and not original spare parts......?

How do you know that and how we can find out the difference from original vs 1st copy?

I have been heavily relying on Divya / Dhanya parts since long, and never knew they also sell fake parts, please explain

Two years back, I have bitten from Al Qaswa Auto Spare Parts selling fake parts and reported

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Would be nice if we could see a picture of the actual part showing the hole on the end instead of a part number. 

Maybe is is a genuine part, but maybe it’s a NOS (new old stock) old type tappet. It’s easy to tell the difference. The old type tappets have a tiny hole that you can barely poke a piece of wire into, the newer ones have a much bigger hole that you could stick the end of a pen into. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I realised that I didn't take a photo of the tappet itself right after leaving Divya.. 

Anyway, next stop is Habtoor probably this weekend so I will take a photo of the tappet then. 

• Like 1