•  
Advertise here

Mitsubishi Pajero head gasket is gone

Just now, skumar83 said:

Sorry to hear that. Check if you can get 3.5 litre engine. It might just be your lucky day.

Even if it's his lucky day, all khaleeji (GCC) 3.5 are choked to death either by offroad abuse or by high mileage. Japanese import 3.5 get quickly exported to Oman and other GCC countries for big fat premium with internal super active contacts.

Secondly, plonking 3.5 in place of 3.0 do your research if it fits on same engine mount or not. If not don't bother as RTA will not pass it unless job is 2 billion light-years % perfect or comes with wasta paper.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

5 minutes ago, skumar83 said:

Sorry to hear that. Check if you can get 3.5 litre engine. It might just be your lucky day.

Thanks buddy. I’d love to go for the 3.5 but that might involve lots of extra costs and mods. 

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

57 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Thanks, i might enquire for the 3.0 SOHC 24 Valve version instead of the 3.0 12Valve, depending on the availability. Most of the info on the internet do not always specify availability for GCC markets.  

Call Ahmed at Jabal Tokyo as he is the best importer for our shape Pajero stuff.

056 9675230

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

2 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Call Ahmed at Jabal Tokyo as he is the best importer for our shape Pajero stuff.

056 9675230

Thanks, i got a front bumper from him a while back, will check availability.

• Like (+1) 1

Ok so we traced and found a decent Japanese low mileage import 3.0 engine. I came to know that it's available either as engine only (+/- 4000AED) or as a complete unit with transfer case and manual transmission (5500AED). I'll probably opt for the second option as my third gear synchro was already on its way out and i'd like to keep the engine with transmission "married" as one piece. 

We're still negotiating prices but at least we have some options now. Fingers crossed :) 

• Like (+1) 2