•  
Advertise here

Mitsubishi Pajero head gasket is gone

14 minutes ago, nutbolt said:

Are you sure about Stewart Warner there are tons of cheaper and accurate options SW is a prof race grade and very pricey

Hey buddy I think your reply is on my post about the head gasket ?

Well I’ve seen those gauges with sensor for around 150 dirhams but I am a bit afraid of having reliability issues while the whole point is to have 100% accuracy and avoiding the same from happening ever again. I paid 250 for my voltage gauge and really happy with it. 

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2019 at 1:49 AM, desertdude said:

Yes, flushing,rodding is useless. Get a new radiator and don't rely on factory gauges. They are designed to show normal in the huge temp range which is considered operating temp, could by anything from 70-130C h and gauge wont move. Another 5-10C and your engine could be toast and by the time it shows its hot or you notice it. It's already toast.

Coming back on this issue @desertdude you are right. After installing an additional, digital temp gauge, i can now see that the factory temp gauge does not budge between 65 and 110 degrees Celsius. So if something was indeed wrong with engine overheating i would have only known it when it’s almost too late. Although The OEM sensor was replaced and I read the same issues with gen2 Pajero on other forums. 

I’ll be keeping a close eye to the digital one on the next off-road drives. During normal highway it sits stable at  80 degrees so that looks ok. 

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."