•  
Advertise here

Think I Have Just Converted To The Religion Of Electric Vehicles

desertdude

With so much power it can climb Moreeb on two wheels quietly.

Have I said "quietly" oh no what will happen to all doof doof fun to tell ppl im climbing. Maybe like an internal speaker of car drone noise, electric will come in future with external loudspeakers to replicate V8 and V12 rumble notes. 

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I’ve got nothing again electric cars, I love the noise of a carb sucking air and an exhaust blowing it back out again but 14,000 nm of torque is nothing to be sniffed at. We’re almost approaching top fuel here. 

Like it or not, electric will eventually overtake ICE. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Barry said:

I’ve got nothing again electric cars, I love the noise of a carb sucking air and an exhaust blowing it back out again but 14,000 nm of torque is nothing to be sniffed at. We’re almost approaching top fuel here. 

Like it or not, electric will eventually overtake ICE. 

Oh please don't talk about stupid carbs. The other car I am using nowadays is a carb engined 1990 Toyota bloody hell have to wait 10 mins every morning for the stupid thing to warm up, doesn't even have a choke to have to sit there with foot on pedal. Blegh good riddance to bad rubbish! And god bless EFI

God bless EFI? Give it a few years and you’ll be saying god bless electric motors. 

I love old cars, but technology moves forwards. 

Maybe in 10-15 years time the millennials will be paying us massive sums to fix their EFI equipped GT86s because nobody else knows

5 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

With so much power it can climb Moreeb on two wheels quietly.

Have I said "quietly" oh no what will happen to all doof doof fun to tell ppl im climbing. Maybe like an internal speaker of car drone noise, electric will come in future with external loudspeakers to replicate V8 and V12 rumble notes. 

I think its going to kick some serious ass in the desert, doesn't even need lockers as all 4 wheels have independent motors So you have "locked diffs" at all speeds and with that much power! 

And its priced pretty cheap if compared to similar regular luxury vehicles. $65,000, thats mid spec Land Cruiser money With a 600 plus km range pretty good for a fun day of bashing about in the desert, Other than the front end love the styling in and out. 

I've been following Rivian for a while now and have become somewhat of a fan

Just now, Barry said:

God bless EFI? Give it a few years and you’ll be saying god bless electric motors. 

I love old cars, but technology moves forwards. 

Maybe in 10-15 years time the millennials will be paying us massive sums to fix their EFI equipped GT86s because nobody else knows

Can't you see I've already converted ! lol 
I was just saying thank gof for EFI in the sense that we didn't have to deal with carbs all this time.

Even worse offroad. Had an old ass 4x4 when stopped or driven slow at any angle other than level flat for any length of time would sputter and die. The gas would fall out of the bowl 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Can't you see I've already converted ! lol 
I was just saying thank gof for EFI in the sense that we didn't have to deal with carbs all this time.

Even worse offroad. Had an old ass 4x4 when stopped or driven slow at any angle other than level flat for any length of time would sputter and die. The gas would fall out of the bowl 

I grew up with EFI. As a young mechanic I cut my teeth on ECUs and learned to programme. Then I got into classics. I learned my trade backwards. First I learned about computers, then I learned how to set up plugs and points. My old boss was so frustrated. I knew how to do all this new stuff and he didn’t, but I kept my mouth closed and listened.