•  
Advertise here

100k service

100k service would mean timing belt, spark plugs, and maybe spark plug cables according to the Pajero Service Manual on top of your regular maintenance.

Low cost and good quality are a bit of an oxymoron. A decent service will always cost a bit but the stealerships will take more than independent workshops. 

Depending on where you live you can have a look at the workshops listed here on Carnity that could/should give you a member price and you can check the google reviews on the nearby workshops and make some phone-calls to enquire if they are servicing Mitsubishi Pajero. 

Good luck !

security-officer-services-good-fast-cheap.jpg

Edited by Frederic Nuyttens
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

As @Frederic Nuyttens pointed in the right direction, either you can filter and choose the general service workshop listed here

https://carnity.com/business_listing/car-services/general-service-workshop

Or you can submit your query here to get multiple quotes from a competent garage near your location here:

https://carnity.com/car-marketplace?do=form&d=18

• Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thank you for the info and especially links. Very helpful.

I was hoping to buy parts myself and find a place just to change / fix them.

I would buy the parts in Sharjah on the car shop road, but actually struggling to find a garage that I can trust to do the work properly.

Would anyone here know the right place for such work? Anybody has done it recently? Or do you think I am paranoid about this search as it is a simple job and any garage can do it?

It's better to open it first and then buy the parts. You might find that some of the seals might need replacement. Better to then buy all original parts at once. Other than the parts, labor would be in region of AED 800-1000 depending on the work.

Personally wouldn’t recommend doing a timing belt yourselves if you don’t have prior experience. I don’t know your technical level and I don’t mean to belittle, but if it goes wrong with a timing belt, your engine will be wrecked and it’s going to cost you big bucks.

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

You can buy the genuine Mitsubishi parts from Al Habtoor for 600ish. You’ll need a belt, tensioner and 2 pulleys. Don’t bother with aftermarket unless you’re buying Gates parts. Gates make the original parts and Mitsubishi stick their own logo on it. You’ll also need a couple of gallons of coolant because the front coolant hoses need to come off to do the job. Some mechanics may remove the radiator to make the job easier, then you’ll need a litre of transmission fluid. It’s a simple job, line up the timing marks, pop the old belt off, change the tensioner and pulleys, pop the new parts back on, pull the pin on the tensioner. It’s a half day job so budget for 1,500-2,000 including parts depending on the garage. It is a simple job but don’t go chasing the cheapest price, make sure the mechanic has done it before. A failed timing belt will result in a top end rebuild costing 3-4K, maybe more.