•  

Newbie+ Drive from Lisalli to Qudra - 1 Feb 2019

Srikumar

8 hours ago, BilalAhmad said:

No doubt the drive was wonderful and all thanks to our lead @skumar83 for making it joyable for all of us. 

Regarding the things you mentiond I do agree we all must abide by the rules set by Lead and all other senior members. Incidents do happen on tarmac, on sand or in life as well and we must face them gracefully. Which I believe I did as I never raised any concerns or started dragging the issue and admitted that mistake did happen from my side at spot though I could have started a debate but which I did not and gave you all the options to indemnify your loss as well e.g ( Police Report, Fixing the panel from the people I know to make sure the job is fone properly and cost effectively). But you stuck to one thing and remained stuck with it and you have all the rights as well. 

The best legal way to sort out the matter was and is to go to police and register it to claim the damages from insurance and without any heaitation I take the blame so you do not have to worry because when I took my car in desert I was well aware things might go wrong anytime. And regarding ajman garages or dubai garage believe me its not about city or place its all about knowing right people and getting work done in proper manner and the same was conveyed to you over whatsapp.  

Still I do regret what happened and my sincere apologies for that. 

Its look like you are fine with this condition to don't pay anything, as we talk we decide to finish this matter friendly, because of the police fine, black point, and insurance excess, even you didn't tell me that garage how much will repair the car but its look like your idea is very low and even you don't want to cover that expenses, anyway this is the lesson

Edited by hossein
  • Sad (0) 1

@BilalAhmad and @hossein, since both of you are in agreement on whose mistake it is, the best option is to use the Dubai police app and register a formal report so that this dent is fixed by the insurance company

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, skumar83 said:

@BilalAhmad and @hossein, since both of you are in agreement on whose mistake it is, the best option is to use the Dubai police app and register a formal report so that this dent is fixed by the insurance company

Thanks, Dear @skumar83 it's little late because yesterday morning I put it in the garage for repair

• Confused (0) 1

Looks like there is a communication gap somewhere, to be honest.

If Bilal admitted his mistake then why so much fuss.....?

@hossein if Bilal didn't agree to the custom job of 900, you could have got the police report and let insurance do the job.

Look's like this matter has been a victim of WhatsApp ping pong than a quick call to discuss and amicably resolve the issue.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

6 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Looks like there is a communication gap somewhere, to be honest.

If Bilal admitted his mistake then why so much fuss.....?

@hossein if Bilal didn't agree to the custom job of 900, you could have got the police report and let insurance do the job.

Look's like this matter has been a victim of WhatsApp ping pong than a quick call to discuss and amicably resolve the issue.

I'm sorry to give headaches to others, as we talk on Friday and I check with the garage so Saturday morning I keep it for repair and send the quotation for him, even he didn't say how much that garage he said will repair it, but as I get from him he thinks about very low price (even he don't want to accept paying any amount now) and saying make police report but car in already on repair and tomorrow evening is ready 

• Confused (0) 1

42 minutes ago, skumar83 said:

Maybe this will help in the future.

https://gulfnews.com/uae/report-minor-accidents-in-just-three-minutes-in-dubai-1.2099938

37.jpg

• Like (+1) 5

Trip Report:

Woke up early on Friday morning for the preparations and getting all the party tricks fixed in the car with safe seating for my wife and daughter. Went for Friday prayers which took longer than usual delaying me slightly, this was communicated to @Gaurav bhai who handled the situation well and the convoy was complete and left on time from the meeting point while I was to catch up at the deflation point. As soon as I reached the deflation point every one was deflating which meant I was on time. After deflation and a quick recap on the convoy numbering we were on our way. This time we had used a unique method for controlling a large convoy in this particular area which worked out like a charm.

I must say that I am very impressed with @skumar83 choice of area for this size convoy as we made it through in very quick time and loving every dune and moment. He had successfully lowered the level of the drive from Fewbie to Newbie+. There were only a couple of areas in which we needed to be cautious and slow down which was well announced on the radio by Srikumar to lower our speeds and increase our levels of patience. I should recommend all to have handled the terrain very well and adapted well to the white sands of Lisali. I have absolutely enjoyed the drive with very little down time and a good mix of dunes to keep everybody engaged. On the way we were able to catch a glimpse of 2 beautiful Oryx.

As the sun started to set and created a beautiful sky we approached the end of the drive, settled near a lake to proceed with the rest of the evening. A lot of people had to leave due to their commitments, however my sincere thanks to those who stayed with us to enjoy the nice BBQ, my daughters cake cutting for her birthday and the awesome tea prepared by @Atif bhai and my wife. The children felt they were released from jail as soon as they were let out from their cars into the open. They enjoyed their evening with big thanks to @Sohini bhabhi who kept an eye on them, entertained them and fed them. She really has a neck for handling small children.

My sincere thanks to all for attending the best Newbie+ drive for this season so far. looking forward to every bodies company on the upcoming drives and having an awesome time with all. until next time I bid you all farewell.

• Like (+1) 9

What more to ask... had all the fun of driving in desert.... off course different from all the previous drives I attended and feel lot more confident. @skumar83 a big thank you to you... drive was really fast this time... we covered a lot of distance in the desert.

My friend left asking me to arrange a rent car for him to drive next time. @Gaurav and @Rahimdad perfect briefing to understand what to expect... excellent guidance... @Atif I now understand role of a second lead and the associated responsibilities. That last minute message saved my bumper and Thanks for towing me out when I was stuck.... overall... excellent drive except for a minor incident. I hope to see you all with the same spirit next time and sort this issue in the best possible way... Again, let’s all learn from it and be cautious next time... cheers.....

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use