•  

Newbie+ Drive from Lisalli to Qudra - 1 Feb 2019

Srikumar

6 hours ago, Sajith Kumar said:

Dear @WiLfY thank you for the offer, my apologies on the late reply. If its still open I would love to join in for the ride. Request if you could confirm 😊🤞.

Grateful for you support,

Sajith

Confirmed Sir. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks @WiLfY. I am gonna hunt around for a new spoiler today so won’t be joining. I want to really thank you for the offer mate, hope to meet you on the next drive!

Wishing you and the entire off-road team an awesome day today!!

Cheers 😊🤘🏻

Sajith

I was the idiot waving like crazy at the lakes driving my wife’s Pajero. We went camping ️. Have a safe drive !!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

6 hours ago, Frederic Nuyttens said:

I was the idiot waving like crazy at the lakes driving my wife’s Pajero. We went camping ️. Have a safe drive !!

And I was like "what's wrong with this guy" :) We haven't met, but I saw you waving :) we had a blast today :) hope to see you in the coming drives :)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Thank you to everyone for an amazing drive. One of the biggest convoys we had so far, and the drive we did was way beyond a Newbie+ level.

Would like to thank @Atif for a splendid second lead as he kept the entire route in check when at times I was pushing the limit. And of course a very big thank you to @EmVarlet, @Gaurav and @Rahimdad. You guys were the real backbone of the entire drive as you kept modifying the route ever so slightly to keep the entire convoy moving at a pretty decent pace. Also guess the new method of assigning the convoy numbers did actually work.

Hope everyone had a good time, for I most certainly had a blast.

The dinner at qudra along with the birthday celebration was the perfect end to a wonderful day.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Really wonderful drive, everything was fine, until.... rules are rules, if you want to be part of the group just please follow the rules by the Marshalls. Ok accidents happen but please just get the responsibility over your fault, to cover it. Thank God I didn't bring my family because my son's car seat is at the same side of the accident. I'm not looking for the penalty or coverage of the damage anymore. I gave the car to be repaired in quality condition without his confirmation, because as he expected around AED 300 is enough to repair. This is long story to say, just follow the rules next time if you can't take the responsibility. There is a big difference between end of Ajman repair shops to Al Habtoor, but I got my car to an almost reasonable garage so I will just pay for it. It's a big cumbrance it has caused, even had to rent a car for work these days, but it's part of the game 

Edited by hossein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

1 hour ago, hossein said:

Really wonderful drive, everything was fine, until.... rules are rules, if you want to be part of the group just please follow the rules by the Marshalls. Ok accidents happen but please just get the responsibility over your fault, to cover it. Thank God I didn't bring my family because my son's car seat is at the same side of the accident. I'm not looking for the penalty or coverage of the damage anymore. I gave the car to be repaired in quality condition without his confirmation, because as he expected around AED 300 is enough to repair. This is long story to say, just follow the rules next time if you can't take the responsibility. There is a big difference between end of Ajman repair shops to Al Habtoor, but I got my car to an almost reasonable garage so I will just pay for it. It's a big cumbrance it has caused, even had to rent a car for work these days, but it's part of the game 

No doubt the drive was wonderful and all thanks to our lead @skumar83 for making it joyable for all of us. 

Regarding the things you mentiond I do agree we all must abide by the rules set by Lead and all other senior members. Incidents do happen on tarmac, on sand or in life as well and we must face them gracefully. Which I believe I did as I never raised any concerns or started dragging the issue and admitted that mistake did happen from my side at spot though I could have started a debate but which I did not and gave you all the options to indemnify your loss as well e.g ( Police Report, Fixing the panel from the people I know to make sure the job is fone properly and cost effectively). But you stuck to one thing and remained stuck with it and you have all the rights as well. 

The best legal way to sort out the matter was and is to go to police and register it to claim the damages from insurance and without any heaitation I take the blame so you do not have to worry because when I took my car in desert I was well aware things might go wrong anytime. And regarding ajman garages or dubai garage believe me its not about city or place its all about knowing right people and getting work done in proper manner and the same was conveyed to you over whatsapp.  

Still I do regret what happened and my sincere apologies for that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use