•  
Advertise here

Shopping for a spoiler

Dear Carnity members,

Good day. Hope all is well. I drive a Nissan Patrol Safari 2005 Model (beige color). I am looking to add on a spoiler for upgrading the look :) . I request any info you could share on the below matters, please:

1. What would a good one cost me, with installation?

2. Would it involve any drilling on the roof, or is it clipped on?

3. Does having a spoiler affect mileage of the vehicle?

Grateful for any support.

Thanks in Advance!

1 - You should be able to find a spoiler for 2-300 in the aftermarket parts shops. If you want to go for NISMO parts, obviously it will cost a lot more. Allow for 1-200 if you want to paint it. Installation maybe another 100. People here are fighting for sales so you can always ask for free installation when you’re haggling on purchase price.

2 - Depends on the spoiler. Some are stuck on, some are screwed on. Windscreen bonding glue is great for sticking them on, almost as strong as screwing it on, but it will damage your paint if you want to remove it. Bolt on spoilers can also be stuck on this way. Either way, whichever option you choose, removing the spoiler will cause some sort of damage. Personally, I like to screw and glue. Double security.

3 - Yes, your gas mileage will be decreased but the amount will be negligible. You probably won’t notice. A set of roof bars would have a more noticeable impact on mileage. Anyway, you drive a patrol, when did gas mileage become important? 😊

• Like (+1) 4

Hi @Barry,

Thanks for the detailed reply mate!

1. I’ve been to the aftermarket shops in Sajaa. Is this the only place or coul you suggest additional hunting grounds.

3. You are spot on about the mileage 😂😂

Thanks again,

Sajith

• Like (+1) 2

Try after the Sahara Centre in Sharjah going towards Sharjah College there are many accessory shops there. Best bet to get a spoiler of your choice there. It's near the tires shops.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hello Folks, my apologies, only able to post just now. 

1. Visiting the Aftermarket shops in SHJ, behind Sahara & near the Tire shops, I found only one shop selling the spoiler in Grey, cost including installation was AED 450, last price quoted was AED 420. I skipped this. 

2. Next I visited the user spare shops in Sajaa, but could not find any event after trawling about for ~2 hours. ;).

So the hunt continues :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Sajith Kumar you can also find in Deira opposite Naif police station.

Follow below location for your convenience. There are many shops around this area. Good Luck

https://goo.gl/maps/6Y5rbR8js9G2 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...