•  
Advertise here

Putting a tint to windshield

sertac

In my job time to time i needed to meet with some important local guys. Since i am a car guy i am very interested with what kind of car these guys driving. Some of them have patrol, cruiser and raptor. But what is common for them is fully dark tinted windows even front. Thats looking amazing to me. Black Cruiser with full black window, black rims and 3 digit plate. Thats so damn cool to me.

My old Jeep was fully dark tinted except front and i had no issue with police. If i make dark tint for windshield am i get any trouble? If there is is there anyone knows what is the fine for that?

example;

lc200_1.jpg.95e05e460e81a6ac1af884fba81dfcba.jpg

Complete tint on windshield is not allowed. From the top I think it's only 6" which is permissible. You mentioned that the cars with the complete tint belonged to big shots, and that's the reason.

Frankly, it's a driving hazard to have your windshield completely tinted.

• Haha (+1) 1

Full black style is called murdered out. White with black accessories is stormtrooper style. If you search google you will see loads. I’ve had a couple of stormtrooper cars and it does look cool AF.

Legality aside, I wouldn’t tint a windscreen. If you’ve ever driven a car with heavy tints at night, you’ll now how hard it is to see anything. You’re just looking for the lights of other cars in your mirrors and it’s difficult to see anything else. Imagine that on your front window. It’s just asking for trouble. I’ve seen a few cars with fully tinted windscreens but the kind of people that drive them are generally people who don’t care about anyone or anything other than looking cool. 

• Like (+1) 1