•  
Advertise here

Side mirror rattle

Hi all, great content on this forum! 

I bought a Pajero 2012 second hand and it's all great except one thing: both side mirrors vibrate like crazy, not the entire assembly just the mirrors. I tried jamming some foam behind the mirror, it worked a bit but it's not satisfying yet. Has anyone experienced this? Any solutions? 

Thanks !

• Like (+1) 2

Hi @eduardo I have a 2014 model Pajero and facing this issue with only the driver side mirror, haven't bothered checking resolution. Would be interested to find any solutions through this thread.

• Like (+1) 2

I used to have a 2011 Pajero which had the same issue. The driver side mirror would shake especially at high speed but it wasn't that bad that I managed despite daily travels at 130kph at that time. But since I also got that used from Al Futtaim, I did bother to ask them for a solution to which they said I need to replace the entire side mirror assembly. 

My current 2014 Pajero driver side mirror does vibrate a bit (I may be nitpicking) but not similar to my previous Pajero. I guess this is another Pajero thing. 

So yeah, I am also curious to hear from anyone who had had this problem and managed to resolve it (without changing the entire mirror assembly as suggested by the experts at Al Futtaim).

• Like (+1) 3

My wife also has it on her 2008 Pajero driver side, but not severe. Probably some wind turbulence due to the big shape of the mirror.

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...