•  
Advertise here

Dubai Police Fines

Traffic Fines

Really great news for Dubai residents who have Dubai Police Traffic Fines can avail up to 100% discount as per year of tolerance initiative from Dubai Police.

In a nutshell:

• Be a good driver for 3 months = 25% discount
  • Be a good driver for 6 months = 50% discount 
  • Be a good driver for 9 months = 75% discount
  • Be a good driver for 1 year = 100% discount

Be a good driver means you should follow traffic rules throughout the year and don't get Dubai Police Fines.

I called the Dubai Police for more clarity:

• If you have previous traffic fines from last year, they are also applicable in this "Settle your traffic fines" initiative but the time will start from today - 6 Feb 2019. So if from today till next 3 months you follow traffic rules and don't get any traffic fines, then last year fine will be discounted by 25%, for 6 months = 50% and so on.

• If you are renewing your car next month or so, you can still renew the car without paying Dubai Police Fines. You need to go to the traffic department - they have options to renew your car without paying any traffic fines from Dubai police.

dubai police eng.JPG

dubai police.JPG

dubai police fine eng.JPG

dubai police fine.JPG

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I think you need to be a good driver for the whole year to get 100% . if you've been a good driver for the whole year you wouldn't have any fines. What's the criteria for being a good driver?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 2

Be a good driver means you should follow traffic rules throughout the year. 

I just called Dubai Police for more clarity:

• If you have previous fines from last year, they are also applicable in this "Settle your traffic fines" initiative but the time will start from today. So if from today till next 3 months you follow traffic rules, then last year fine will be discounted by 25%, for 6 months = 50% and so on.

• If you are renewing your car next month or so, you can renew the car without paying traffic fines.
    • You need to go to the traffic department - they have options to renew your car without paying any fines from Dubai police.
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Mujtaba said:

The criteria is you just can’t get a fine for the mentioned time limit no matter what you do just don’t get a fine for yourself. So they will discount all your previous fines LOL

Well, it's very smart thinking to help residents save money on hefty fines + bringing more safety on roads. Very well thought idea with a clear win-win strategy.

• Like (+1) 2

Should be depending on the type of fine. For smaller fines like parking tickets this system is a great idea. For serious offenses like speeding way beyond the legal limit one should be punished hard, and no discount should make up for the risk you’ve brought upon others.

• Like (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1 minute ago, Frederic Nuyttens said:

Should be depending on the type of fine. For smaller fines like parking tickets this system is a great idea. For serious offenses like speeding way beyond the legal limit one should be punished hard, and no discount should make up for the risk you’ve brought upon others.

I think you are right, but I feel the way Dubai Police thinking is for the majority of road users who are usually good driver but get caught for occasional speeding or wrong parking by chance, to give them a second chance.

The driver who is speeding regularly will be difficult to change his/her habit for the next 3 months let alone a year and still end up paying the regular fine.

• Like (+1) 4

22 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

I think you are right, but I feel the way Dubai Police thinking is for the majority of road users who are usually good driver but get caught for occasional speeding or wrong parking by chance, to give them a second chance.

The driver who is speeding regularly will be difficult to change his/her habit for the next 3 months let alone a year and still end up paying the regular fine.

I remember the discounts because of Ramadan. Every year they come up with something. I have the feeling that most hardcore overspeeders are now laughing out loud, and will take another car which has another license plate (wife's car maybe) for a while to avail their discounts. 

But on the other hand, kudos to Dubai Police for at least starting these initiatives and thinking out of the box mentality. It shows that they are progressive thinkers and open for new systems. 

Edited by Frederic Nuyttens
  • Like (+1) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

I don’t like things like this. I’ve seen people save their fines and wait for discounts. It kinda takes away from the fact you’re getting fined for breaking the law. People make mistakes but some just keep pushing and pushing the limits. Offenders should be punished and punished hard. No mercy. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1