•  
Advertise here

5 minutes ago, Barry said:

I don’t like things like this. I’ve seen people save their fines and wait for discounts. It kinda takes away from the fact you’re getting fined for breaking the law. People make mistakes but some just keep pushing and pushing the limits. Offenders should be punished and punished hard. No mercy. 

Thank God, you aren't ruling Dubai @Barry

I do admit to waiting for such a discount as I do get the occasional fine in unknown road or roads that have 3-4 different speed limits like once or twice in a year. And these offers do help than paying at regular rates.

I like this time smartness of Dubai Police to tie the percentage with the behavior correction x time, that will help bring a lot of good behavior on Dubai roads (I seriously hope).

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Great news? Its an insult to the efforts of law obeing drivers. Nice job Dubai Police! 

Serve and protect: in the mean time Dubai Police let drivers who are risking my and my family life get away with offenses. 

• Like (+1) 4

@edino0408 feels like @Barry is the perfect chief of police for you.

Point well noted, I feel what your frustration is. Hope for the best, that idiots would take this opportunity to change their drive styles.

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2019 at 5:43 PM, Frederic said:

Should be depending on the type of fine. For smaller fines like parking tickets this system is a great idea. For serious offenses like speeding way beyond the legal limit one should be punished hard, and no discount should make up for the risk you’ve brought upon others.

@Frederic i think this system is other way around.. 

just have a look in this article, this got me confused 

https://gulfnews.com/uae/transport/ten-things-you-should-know-about-dubai-polices-traffic-fine-discount-initiative-1.1549550794671

(see point #6)

Edited by VishalJC
  • Like (+1) 2

• 2 months later...

Just checked my Dubai Police Fines to see the 25% reduction for the first quarter.

What a relief......!

500 become 380

400 become 300

600 become 450

image.png

• Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

10 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Just checked my Dubai Police Fines to see the 25% reduction for the first quarter.

What a relief......!

500 become 380

400 become 300

600 become 450

image.png

“Interrupting trafic in any other way not specified in this table” 

Did you have a refusal on SZR ? 

• Haha (+1) 2