5 minutes ago, Barry said:

I don’t like things like this. I’ve seen people save their fines and wait for discounts. It kinda takes away from the fact you’re getting fined for breaking the law. People make mistakes but some just keep pushing and pushing the limits. Offenders should be punished and punished hard. No mercy. 

Thank God, you aren't ruling Dubai @Barry

I do admit to waiting for such a discount as I do get the occasional fine in unknown road or roads that have 3-4 different speed limits like once or twice in a year. And these offers do help than paying at regular rates.

I like this time smartness of Dubai Police to tie the percentage with the behavior correction x time, that will help bring a lot of good behavior on Dubai roads (I seriously hope).

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Thank God, you aren't ruling Dubai @Barry

Indeed. I’ll deport everyone and keep your cars and have all the fun to myself 😝

• Haha 5

Great news? Its an insult to the efforts of law obeing drivers. Nice job Dubai Police! 

Serve and protect: in the mean time Dubai Police let drivers who are risking my and my family life get away with offenses. 

• Like 3

@edino0408 feels like @Barry is the perfect chief of police for you.

Point well noted, I feel what your frustration is. Hope for the best, that idiots would take this opportunity to change their drive styles.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Jeh
      Flying radar can track speedsters from air
      Speed radar might soon be installed in the latest Dubai Police drone

By  Majorie van Leijen Published Wednesday, October 15, 2014  
      A speed radar installed in a drone that flies over Dubai's roads is one of the options Dubai Police is considering to tighten the grip on speedsters in the emirate.

The drone has already been built, and is capable of carrying a speed radar if such measures are to be implemented, explains Maher bin Haidar, of the General Department of Protective Security and Emergency at Dubai Police.

Showing the latest and, according to him, the most advanced drones that the authority has in hand at the ongoing Gitex Technology week, he says, "This drone can capture images from a kilometre distance with its capacity to zoom in 60 times,” he explained.

“It can fly for two hours, and can be controlled at a distance of 2km with a remote control."

http://www.emirates247.com/news/emirates/flying-radar-can-track-speedsters-from-air-2014-10-15-1.566300

• By nutbolt
      I have been seeing this new traffic fines radar at few places already and wondering what's new in this version of radar?
      Just came across this insane video of explaining what this traffic radar is capable of and how it will soon change the traffic violations in Dubai in near future.
      Comment from video: deployed all around Dubai now. So guy's be good and responsible driver now
      Good move by Dubai authorities +100000000