•  
Advertise here

Hahhaha, my all three fines have weird stories and caught me one off.

1) radar was mobile one set on 80 road and short spot reduce to 60  and that's where it must have flashed.

2) lane discipline was cop car blocked lane in one way lane in deira, waited for few minutes behind him and then moved ahead from wrong side as traffic was pilling behind me. 

3) interrupting traffic was a parking fine, next to my office where hundreds are parking in same fashion since last several years.

• WOW (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• 2 months later...

Just checked my Dubai Police Fines to see the 50% reduction for the second quarter.

What a great relief......!

500 become 260

400 become 200

600 become 300

I know website fine amount icon has some border issue, but its readable at least.

image.png

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

• 3 months later...

Thank you Dubai Police for making all my fines ZERO.

Although I'm little surprise to see this happening earlier than a year in nine months precisely, maybe because I sold this plate car and they wipe the slate clean. Phew.

A 46329 - Range Rover plate showing ZERO

image.png

Other car plates showing ZERO too.

image.png

image.png

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

• 3 months later...

Oooo awesome, my 9 year old fine ( the only one I have )which kept on fluctuating every year as I checked it, went from 600 to 700 then 1200 then back to 740 then back to 1000 plus and wasn't written off in the last scheme. But checked just now is gone :D.

• Like (+1) 4

Perhaps this is a bit tangential, but I am afraid that anything that the Dubai Police have said about this is completely devalued by the use of the Bentley Benteyga (or it is the equally hideous Rolls Royce Culligan?)

Seeing one of them is enough to make me want to speed away from them at the fastest my car will travel. 

On the question of forgiving speeding fines and the like: Yes, it's a good initiative because it means that the infrequent offender might benefit. The problem, as mentioned above is when the repeat and recalcitrant also benefit. And I am not sure how they manage that. 

• Like (+1) 4

add to @Wrangeld point.  Hope below driver is abiding the road rules during last year. 

you can still be bad driver and avail the discount if you are bit smarter 😎.  work out if you are interested, but dont mention it here 🤐

image.png.012629e645cbedaa65d06471a24c4a4f.png 

https://www.khaleejtimes.com/uae/dubai/woman-in-uae-gets-dh150000-dubai-traffic-fine-waived-

Edited by Rizwanm2
  • Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

Yeah, 150k in fines is crazy. Under this scheme, park the car which accumulated the fines at home for a year, buy a second hand car for 5k and use it for a year while the fines on the said car get waived...

Oh and don't accumulate 150k on the 2nd car in the meantime.😅

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1