•  
Advertise here

This is how we off-road in Mexico

Javier M

Let me present to you the Baja 1000. 

This a 800-900 miles race in the State of Baja California, Mexico. This is done every year since 1967. It allows various types of vehicle classes to compete on the same course with classes for cars, trucks, motorcycles, ATVs and buggies.

My dad was asked to build two cars for 2010 truck class (it won 1st place) and 2011 buggie class (it won 2nd place).

We used to go every year to watch the race. 

Baja_1000_Expo2018_Final-concentrate.jpg

• Like (+1) 7

I’m a fan of the Dirt Every Day show with Fred. He’s done Baja too on a few episodes. Great stuff.

• Like (+1) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

On 2/10/2019 at 1:48 PM, Javier M said:

Let me present to you the Baja 1000. 

This a 800-900 miles race in the State of Baja California, Mexico. This is done every year since 1967. It allows various types of vehicle classes to compete on the same course with classes for cars, trucks, motorcycles, ATVs and buggies.

My dad was asked to build two cars for 2010 truck class (it won 1st place) and 2011 buggie class (it won 2nd place).

We used to go every year to watch the race. 

Baja_1000_Expo2018_Final-concentrate.jpg

Orale cabron, I've always loved the suspension setup on these Baja Trophy trucks. Would like to see one in the dunes here though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 2/10/2019 at 7:13 PM, Frederic said:

I’m a fan of the Dirt Every Day show with Fred. He’s done Baja too on a few episodes. Great stuff.

I love dirt everyday. These youtube channels making me thinking to find a way to move America. Oh God they are buying cars so cheap and finding parts very easily. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, sertac said:

I love dirt everyday. These youtube channels making me thinking to find a way to move America. Oh God they are buying cars so cheap and finding parts very easily. 

Hahahaha I feel the same, but be aware that lots of things are “set up” for the show, and is not always fully realistic. But I love Fred his approach to cheap cars and especially their budget fixes and road trips.

• Like (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

19 minutes ago, Barry said:

Does anyone else watch the stadium trucks? In the off season, some of the guys race them round tracks. Think the autodrome with skateboard ramps. Fun motorsport to watch. 

These remind me of excitebike game from the '90s but for trucks

• Haha (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.