•  
Advertise here

Things mechanics hate

Barry

Initial diagnosis was engine oil leakage from between the engine and transmission....if I had included the Piston set who knows he would have showed up next year then....

Edited by shadow79
more info
  • Haha (+1) 2

@Barry sounds like we are having similar problems although we are doing different jobs. People send me an email and in 5 minutes I get a call to check if it's done. You are not the only person sending me requests and if you're unable to get it through the systems and tools provided than I will have to source that thing offline. It won't hapoen in 5 minutes. When sourcing it through suppliers outside UAE be mindful about their working hours and weekend. Looking over my shoulder while I work also pisses me off, gives a sense of mistrust.

I can go on and on. But most of the points you mentioned applies to my line of work also.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Ren13 said:

Image result for funny car quotes

I see that a lot here. Customers head gasket blows, “mechanic” tells customer to buy a new engine because he doesn’t have either the knowledge or the confidence to fix it. Same with rattly bottom ends. I’ve never met a mechanic here who understands the process of regrinding a crankshaft and using oversize shells. New engine is always the answer. I’d always choose a rebuilt engine over an unknown scrapyard engine, it’s going to last a lot longer. But only if I built it or someone I knew built it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

On 2/12/2019 at 4:50 PM, treks said:

For me it has to be answering the phone and an idiot on the other end says, "My car won't start, what do think the problem could be?" Drives me absolutely crazy, that does. 

Just tell them they need to change the blinker fluid. 

fr2f6ve.jpg.3eefad55cb623225189ceaf2426ef4a7.jpg

• Haha (+1) 3