•  
Advertise here

Report scam calls and texts to the Police

Javier M

So I used to receive many fake whatsapp text from the "lucky Etisalat draw" asking me to give them my IMEI and other information to "prove" I was the winner. This goes without saying that this is a scam.

Anyway, I changed my phone number some months ago and all those texts and calls stopped. (Or so I thought)

Yesterday I started to receive again weird calls from Indian fellas asking me about something that I did not understand given their thick accent, at the end since their scam call did not succeed they just hanged up. 

Then I also started to receive whatsapp text from "my bank" saying my card was blocked and that I needed to contact the phone number listed in the text to unblock my card. 

By this point I just had it with this, I was not going to let these criminals be unpunished and contacted the police. I gave them all the information and the police called me to make sure I did not fall or was victim of these scams, then they thanked me because I reported these people. 

Please, please, please report any of these sort of calls or texts to the police. This is the only way you can make sure there are no victims.

They have a very simple tool, all you need to do is go to http://ecrime.ae and follow the steps it will not take you more than two minutes. 

Edited by Javier M
  • Like (+1) 6

Two of my colleagues lost quite some money from their creditcards over the past few months. It is still a mystery how they were able to use the creditcard details to access their account.

Thanks for the link !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Well done @Javier M in sharing this with everyone. Thanks for the post, process and time it takes to report.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.