•  

Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - 1st March 2019

Asif Hussain

47 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

And if you join and miss your anniversary you surely will be shot dead. Have fun. 😁

I will have the same feeling as gaurav like the day we went to Buraq dam and just couldn’t reach on time lol 😂 

• Haha (+1) 1

@admins @Gaurav

Hey guys ! 

Is there any way I can join this Fewbie drive to Sweihan tomorrow ? I know that I'm a Newbie on Carnity , but I do have prior off roading experience . I already have my flag , radio and compressor ready. 

Just now, Melvin Martin said:

@admins @Gaurav

Hey guys ! 

Is there any way I can join this Fewbie drive to Sweihan tomorrow ? I know that I'm a Newbie on Carnity , but I do have prior off roading experience . I already have my flag , radio and compressor ready. 

Sweihan is a serious terrain but we are doing a fewbie drive and not Intermediate drive, so as an exception I can allow you based on your previous offroad experience.

Can you please explain a bit more in detail for how many drives or years of offroad experience you have?

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Gaurav

Thank you .
I've been driving offroad for 2-3 years from 2012-2015. During this period I've also marshalled/sweeped various Absolute Newbies and Newbie drivers during my college years at Heriot Watt University , Academic City. I have driven in different deserts of UAE such as Area 53 , Pink Rocks , Fossil Rocks , Margham , Badayer , Al Faqa ,  Al Faya Devil's Plunge. I believe that such a drive in Sweihan will help me get back in touch after 2015. Incase I feel that I'm not fit for the drive mid-course , I'd be glad to stop the drive and head home , since I wouldn't want to slow down the pace of the entire convoy. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Melvin Martin said:

@Gaurav

Thank you .
I've been driving offroad for 2-3 years from 2012-2015. During this period I've also marshalled/sweeped various Absolute Newbies and Newbie drivers during my college years at Heriot Watt University , Academic City. I have driven in different deserts of UAE such as Area 53 , Pink Rocks , Fossil Rocks , Margham , Badayer , Al Faqa ,  Al Faya Devil's Plunge. I believe that such a drive in Sweihan will help me get back in touch after 2015. Incase I feel that I'm not fit for the drive mid-course , I'd be glad to stop the drive and head home , since I wouldn't want to slow down the pace of the entire convoy. 

Thanks for the explanation and as per your previous experience, you should be fine in Sweihan fewbie level drive and you are more than welcome to join tomorrow.

However, if you face any difficulty or if we spot any danger then you can join any of us as a passenger to get the first-hand feel of Sweihan

• Thanks (+1) 1

Sweihan always comes with lasting memories and yesterday drive was no different. First of all, started with a major setback that out of 10 signups - 5 dropped off due to some of the other reason. Pretty strange and have never seen such major drop off in any drive. The second shock was seeing the wind speed picking up drastically since morning and as per weather forecast, we could get the wind at 50kmph speed inside the desert - not good for visibility.

Keep all odds aside 5 cars still made in with several warnings, safety advises and high spirit to keep driving close to each other and not to attempt any new stunt due to low visibility. We started driving almost on time and @Javier M was my second lead and @Emmanuel was in sweep keeping an eye on @Brette and @Julien V to keep convoy moving at all times. After initial refusals and stucks, fewbie picked up the pace and we started moving with good speed. Although the wind was very high but visibility has not been compromised to a stage where we should halt or abort the drive. We stopped at our few playgrounds to take turns to reach on top and try the sideys attempt to our heart desire. Everyone had a good fun andkeep trying the scale those monster dunes from different angles, speed, and techniques. I guess @Javier M must have tried the stair dune almost 20-30 times while @Julien V was attempting to remove his Pajero back bumper. Good fun.

Our drive pace was so nice that we almost reach the end of the drive before it gets dark and then we decided to backtrack to meeting point through dunes, instead of track. While backtracking through dune I literally pushed the level up to an intermediate level as we were close to the track and also done with our planned drive. Almost everyone kept a good pace and impressed with the fast-paced intermediate level upgrade. Due to the heavy wind and endless flies (due to wind), we decided to exit on road and then have our food session next to the restaurant having some close area. We exited by 7 PM and had our late lunch / early dinner by 8 PM and then start inflating the tires to say goodbye to everyone.

Brette and his friend Brian has clicked and shared some nice videos of our yesterday's drive in Sweihan

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Lovely dunes ! Good thing my desert dogs are keeping me busy cause I really want to hit the dunes again soon ! Will post an update soon on the Pajero !

• Like (+1) 5

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use