•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock - 22 Feb 2019

Rahimdad

Hi @GhalibDXB. You are not bound to get anything for the first drive except for your smile, willingness to learn, maybe some snacks or breakfast with a little extra to share, plenty of water and stories to tell.

However it will be helpful if you can get a flag and two way radio (walkie talkie) but not mandatory for the first drive.

Hi Sorry have to cancel, don't have time to sort the car or gear.

I will make sure im 100% till next time, there will be a vissit or 2 at DM for flag and radio and if they have a good shovel there too...

/Per

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, GhalibDXB said:

Hello,

Thanks for the offer, I just upgraded myself from a saloon to Pajero 3.0 2009 I am a newbie & I am ready to learn. is there anything else I needed to bring with me?

Please RSVP on the calendar, if you are coming

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Dear Carnity Off-road Club, Thank you SO MUCH for organizing this event. 

I don't know how else to state this- EVERY drive is such a huge learning experience. For a total newbie like me, it takes the company of experts like you all (and your unending, selfless patience) to help in my learning. And to top it all, its an absolute honor to have spent time in the company of all the kind, warm and hospitable participants. 

@Gaurav, @Rahimdad, @Srikumar, ALL DRIVE PARTICIPANTS, you guys absolutely ROCK!

(PS: There is an vehicular performance query that I faced during the ride, I will share my experience on the same via a separate topic, for soliciting feedback. Cheers!)

• Like (+1) 5

It was a beautiful day out. Everyone was on time and after our introduction to off road driving we started off. It was a very nice drive with all participants doing very well till about the last part just before reaching Pink Rocks. As the convoy had split at start, we met up back on the base of Pink Rocks. We settled down to share some snacks, breakfast and some cold drinks.

At this point part of the group headed back out, while the rest of us decided to continue. This part was slightly tougher than the first part but everybody was up to the task and with minor refusals we made it to the mosque in time for the Friday prayers.

At this point it was time to test out @Emmanuel lead potential. He was heading in the right direction. Thoroughly enjoyed his lead and headed out with total satisfaction.

Thanks to all participants. Until next time adios amigos.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks for the drive yesterday! It was very fun, well organized and thanks to @Rahimdad,@Srikumar@Emmanuel & @hossein for all the tips and help.:) Can't wait for next time, remove my ASC fuse and light the Christmas tree on my dashboard again !! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use