Best 4x4 cars | Dune bashing | Off road driving | Off road drives | Off road gears and recovery tools | Radio frequencies |

Rahimdad

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock - 22 Feb 2019

Hi @GhalibDXB. You are not bound to get anything for the first drive except for your smile, willingness to learn, maybe some snacks or breakfast with a little extra to share, plenty of water and stories to tell.

However it will be helpful if you can get a flag and two way radio (walkie talkie) but not mandatory for the first drive.

Hi guys! Would like to join this drive with you. Have all necessary things: recovery points, rescue equipment, Walkie talkie, flag pole and others. 

• Like 1

@YevgeniyDYM looking forward to seeing you on Friday.

Missed out last time.

Hi Sorry have to cancel, don't have time to sort the car or gear.

I will make sure im 100% till next time, there will be a vissit or 2 at DM for flag and radio and if they have a good shovel there too...

/Per

• Like 1

Hi @Per A, this is a Newbie drive and it's not expected that you have any gear. Just you and your 4x4, with a full tank of petrol should be good enough.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, GhalibDXB said:

Hello,

Thanks for the offer, I just upgraded myself from a saloon to Pajero 3.0 2009 I am a newbie & I am ready to learn. is there anything else I needed to bring with me?

Please RSVP on the calendar, if you are coming

• Like 1

Guys , my number is 0508407408 if anything. Have a good evening for everyone! 

See you all tomorrow at sand 

• Like 1

Dear Carnity Off-road Club, Thank you SO MUCH for organizing this event. 

I don't know how else to state this- EVERY drive is such a huge learning experience. For a total newbie like me, it takes the company of experts like you all (and your unending, selfless patience) to help in my learning. And to top it all, its an absolute honor to have spent time in the company of all the kind, warm and hospitable participants. 

@Gaurav, @Rahimdad, @Srikumar, ALL DRIVE PARTICIPANTS, you guys absolutely ROCK!

(PS: There is an vehicular performance query that I faced during the ride, I will share my experience on the same via a separate topic, for soliciting feedback. Cheers!)

• Like 5

It was a beautiful day out. Everyone was on time and after our introduction to off road driving we started off. It was a very nice drive with all participants doing very well till about the last part just before reaching Pink Rocks. As the convoy had split at start, we met up back on the base of Pink Rocks. We settled down to share some snacks, breakfast and some cold drinks.

At this point part of the group headed back out, while the rest of us decided to continue. This part was slightly tougher than the first part but everybody was up to the task and with minor refusals we made it to the mosque in time for the Friday prayers.

At this point it was time to test out @Emmanuel lead potential. He was heading in the right direction. Thoroughly enjoyed his lead and headed out with total satisfaction.

Thanks to all participants. Until next time adios amigos.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the drive yesterday! It was very fun, well organized and thanks to @Rahimdad,@Srikumar@Emmanuel & @hossein for all the tips and help.:) Can't wait for next time, remove my ASC fuse and light the Christmas tree on my dashboard again !! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

For replying to this topic, please

• Similar Content

• By Gaurav
      Congratulations @Adel Muradov for reaching the fewbie level with Carnity Offroad club. 
      Based on your last (first) newbie drive you have demonstrated skills required deserving this new offroad rank. 
      Looking forward to seeing you growing further and helping others to learn the art of offroading in a safe environment.
      Fewbie:
      Number of drives
      10 (16 regular drives)
      Level of drives
      Willingness to learn + Enthusiasm + Basic dune reading
      Off-road gear
      Flag, deflator, tire gauge, shovel, fire extinguisher, medical kit, radio, compressor (recommended)
      Drive teamwork
      Observe recovery from a safe distance and offer help when needed
      Drive posting/joining
      Join newbie and fewbie level of drives only
      Forum participation
      Active participation on forum. Share drive experience + feedback on forum and pictures in gallery
      Social media sharing & inviting friends & family to join an offroad club is highly recommended for faster upgrades at all levels.
    • By Gaurav
      As the weather begin to change for good, this might be the last night drive to enjoy this year, as now in night weather has become very pleasant with cool breeze. Time to enjoy chilled out desert drive in our much loved Mahafiz sandbox till the morning. If time permit and convoy response are favorable, we might continue play in morning at monster dunes after fossil rock area, if not we will end and exit.
      This area offers a great mix of playable dunes and medium dunes to test your night driving skills. Depending on convoy strength and liking will plan the route to fit everyone's taste and capabilities.
      Offroad lights are recommended for a night drive, but if you don't have you can still safely drive with your HIGH BEAM.
      When: 08 Aug 2019, Thursday
      Meeting time: 11 PM, the convoy will move at sharp 11:15 PM - "NO EXCEPTIONS"
      Where: ADNOC at Sharjah - Kalba Road
      GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/CjXEpdPqn3NZ7Y8j7
      Level: Newbie, Fewbie & Above (NO ABSOLUTE NEWBIE PLEASE)
      Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.
      Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 4 am and then break for snacks.
      What to bring along: Snacks whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
      Approximate finish time: 5:00 AM
      MUST READ: 
      Off Road Driving - Roles & Responsibilities Off road Driving Etiquette's Off-road Convoy Rules Please RSVP on the below calendar:

• By Gaurav
      When: 08 Aug 2019, Thursday
      Meeting time: 11 PM, the convoy will move at sharp 11:15 PM - "NO EXCEPTIONS"
      Where: ADNOC at Sharjah - Kalba Road
      GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/CjXEpdPqn3NZ7Y8j7
      Level: Newbie, Fewbie & Above (NO ABSOLUTE NEWBIE PLEASE)
    • By Rahimdad
      Superman is back from his vacation and invites all intermediate level drivers to sign up for this drive. It is going to be fast paced, fun and full of thrills as I have been missing in action for the past 3 weeks.
      Area 53 is the most versatile area in the UAE offroading scene, that offers beautiful tall rolling dunes with plenty of opportunities for side slopping, ridge cutting, and long hill climbs.
      Any Fewbie who have already had 15 or more drives is also welcome to join. We may promote few fewbie drivers to Intermediate level after this drive, if there driving skills are at par to match the pace.
      Promotions based on driving skill set is just the "one aspect" of the grading structure, they also need to follow other points:

Level of drive: Fewbie+ and above
      When: 4 July 2019
      Meeting time: 10:00 PM, the convoy will move sharp at 10:15 PM
      Where: Badayer Shops at Nazwa, before Madam R/A
      GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/GMrTGmx4J5L2
      Plan: Night drive through the Pyramids - Area 53 - Iftar bowl - Super Bowl (maybe)
      What to bring along: Evening snacks - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, and enthusiasm.
      Approximate finish time: 3 AM
      Please RSVP the below calendar event

Important Information

Terms of use