Rahimdad

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock - 22 Feb 2019

Being an early morning person I am hoping there are more like-minded people to join me on this morning drive. I am planning on a relaxing morning drive from Tawi Nizwa shops to Pink Rocks and if time permits to finish it off at the Big Red. Plan to play all along the way, so we can enjoy for a couple of hours before the heat kicks in. This will also be an opportunity for those who have not been in this area to explore a newbie level terrain where you can explore and learn the techniques of off-roading.

When: 22 Feb 2019

Meeting time: 07:00 AM, the convoy will move sharply at 07:15 AM

Where: Tawi Nizwa shops GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/KKBUhkQ2y382
Level of drive: Newbie but all levels are welcome to join

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance

What to bring along: Breakfast snacks - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles and courage. Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

RSVP the below calendar:

• Like 3

Wonderful @Rahimdad.If I am in town I shall join the morning as well as the afternoon drive. A whole day of desert driving. Really looking forward to it.

• Like 2

Will try to come with if i have got my car and have had it modified so i don't lose the bumper....

• Like 2

Will be fun having two drives in a day for people to enjoy 12+ hours of offroad in the best weather.

Thanks for this lovely area @Rahimdad

• Like 1

Hi everybody !

I'm exited to join as a newbie for this morning session. I've got a Pajero 3.5 LWB, would it be enough? Or should I wait till I get the next 4x4? And should I do the mod that @Per A was adviced to do - or not useful for the moment? 

In the meantime, I'm prepping and getting all required equipement and the RADIO ! :) 

• Like 1

Hi, your 3.5 Pajero should be good enough. Regarding the modification to the bumper the main issue is with the rear aluminium bumper which can be removed by loosening a few bolts.

• Like 1

@edouard welcome to the club. Your Pajero is ready to learn what it was born to do. If it's your first time this is the perfect drive for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry guys, I won't be able to join this one, unfortunately 

• Sad 1

Will miss my twin Pathy, see you next time Insha Allah

• Haha 1

• Similar Content

• By Gaurav
      Congratulations @Brette for reaching the fewbie level with Carnity Offroad club. 
      Within last few newbies offroad drives you have shown tremendous progress and well deserve this new offroad rank. 
      Looking forward to seeing you growing further and helping others to learn the art of offroading in a safe environment.
      Fewbie:
      Number of drives
      10 (16 regular drives)
      Level of drives
      Willingness to learn + Enthusiasm + Basic dune reading
      Off-road gear
      Flag, deflator, tire gauge, shovel, fire extinguisher, medical kit, radio, compressor (recommended)
      Drive teamwork
      Observe recovery from a safe distance and offer help when needed
      Drive posting/joining
      Join newbie and fewbie level of drives only
      Forum participation
      Active participation on forum. Share drive experience + feedback on forum and pictures in gallery
      Social media sharing & inviting friends & family to join an offroad club is highly recommended for faster upgrades at all levels.
    • By DiamondDallas
      Legend has it Rav is offroading in Mars this Season
    • By Rahimdad
      Being an early morning person I am hoping there are more like minded people to join me on this morning drive. I am planning on a relaxing morning drive from Tawi Nizwa shops to Pink Rocks and if time permits to finish it off at the Big Red. Plan to play all along the way, so we can enjoy for a couple of hours before the heat kicks in. This will also be an opportunity for those who have not been in this area to explore a newbie level terrain where you can explore and learn the techniques of off-roading.
      When: 22 Feb 2019
      Meeting time: 07:00 AM, the convoy will move sharply at 07:15 AM
      Where: Tawi Nizwa shops GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/KKBUhkQ2y382
      Level of drive: Newbie but all levels are welcome to join
      Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance
      What to bring along: Breakfast snacks - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles and courage. Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM